Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Why Race?

Started by Wyrmlord [1928577] on in Racing.

8 replies · 207 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Wyrmlord [1928577]

I was just wondering if there was any reason to race besides winning custom events for money and the merits you can get from the awards. And is it worth it to race?
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

If you enjoy it, keep racing. If not, then once you get the merits, don't bother with it.

I enjoy it more than I had expected, and I don't do a lot of traveling, so there isn't a lot of downside to continuing to race and raise my driver skill and such.
Rip_Torn [748987]

Would be interesting to break down the reasons you continue to race ... or not.

Getting the merit for 250 wins is a slog, either via standard races or contrived long slogs with mates in short private races.
RiverNinny [1712720]

Well if the new Territory System requires us to say in Torn to protect our area. Then when the new system comes in I believe more racers will come out of the wood work as it will give them something to do while they can't leave Torn.
Ilmatar [641520]

the merits.. but at the same time you could be running flowers or plushies and getting rich. So not really worth it, but oh well.