Run windows 10 ; goolgle chrome ; tampermonkey - and last wrote a program on a mainframe before the internet
But would like to do at least simple things on Torn;
I am starting with no framework at all; so need to know very basic things; such as
what language would I be using; do I type code into a text file; how do I read an item of information, how do I avoid angering Ched ....
Would like to start with something simple; it could be
make a flashing button in my 'bar' area immediately when my game spouse comes online (I know friends; but it doesnt update fast enough)
or
see when my last/next transaction was in bits 'n bobs.
any help would be appreciated
the few things you ask for even tho they are simple are not available transactions example, looking for you spouse to come online would mean pinging the server all the time reading the same profile each time. the friends bar is live and udates offten much better.
as to the note pad, yes you can write and save then use. i guess someone can point you in the right direction.
not me tho, im on a tottally different level what im doing.
welcome aboard
:)
thanks for the response.
well if they are not simple suggest something easy as a good starter/training task; It will undoubtedly be a long road for me
It's easy to provide help with making API queries and finding and formatting data.
Trying to help someone with learning to code for the first time is a bit more challenging and probably out of scope of this forum.
Since you're just starting out... The answer to your questions may be:
"What program do I use?" Whatever one fits the language you want to use.
"What language do I use?" Whichever one does what you need it to.
"What's a basic task I can complete?" I dunno, use the API to get a players name?
good simple task
so is there one easy language that does most things .... back when basic was dead simple and surprisingly powerful
I was expecting an answer like C or html ... what language is torn programmed in?
its not really teaching programming; its explaining the framework sort of DOS 101 type stuff
Thanks for responding
Java is platform independent, if that's your goal. PERL may be a good choice, depending what you want to do. I know Basic and. NET the best so that's what I use.
So following the above advice; I downloaded a FREE version of Basic and am starting to fiddle..... This is a starting point in the path to the desired reslt. So this thread Has been a success for me.
Thanks to the contributers.