Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mission Repeats

Started by ColdDeadFingers [1043426] on in Missions.

13 replies · 230 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

Today i got the mission Emotional Debt for the 2nd time.Hit a target with pepper spray or tear gas.I remembered it because Duke was going on about crying at Terminator 2.I know there are missions i haven't been given yet from others posts.I haven't had the one where you have to bounty somebody yet or beat a target with just baseball bat.Has anyone else been given the same mission twice?Apologies if this is old news but i haven't seen it mentioned before.
Marc [24377]

I remember aurel mentioning that missions can be spawned more than once. I would guess this is due to a lack of targets available for missions that you haven't had yet so it's spawning missions with a great target pool available for you (only guessing here)
SourRon [852964]

I have had 2 repeat missions. I recently got Unwanted Attention (hosp 4 people) and Field Trip (make money at casino) for the second time.

Getting a new mission every day means it has to happen eventually but I would have hoped it would have taken longer to get to that point in time than it has done.
Philistine [475622]

I have had some missions multiple times, and had others not even once yet.

It is probably just selected at random out of an e-hat with e-paper in it, there isn't any real rhyme or reason to it.
Accurate [1758158]

See my missions thread in the tutorials section for a detailed explanation, but here's essentially how it works:

- Do easy missions until by random chance you get the mission to unlock medium missions (must be completed to unlock medium.)

- Once finished, ALL missions will show as medium.

- Medium missions will have a CHANCE to spawn each day, but you may get easy missions. NOTE: The previously completed easy missions will now give slightly better rewards and may have slightly more difficult opponents.

- There is then a CHANCE of getting the mission to unlock hard missions (Hobgoblin). Once you complete this there is a CHANCE to get hard missions, medium missions, or easy missions, but they should now all show as Hard difficulty and all easier missions should tier up again to be slightly better rewards and slightly more difficult opponents.

Unless more contracts have been added since launch, Duke has a total of 67 contracts. So expect a lot of repeats.
Butters [34298]

That second point isn't quite correct - I had a "Very Easy" mission (which was shown as such) at one point after I'd unlocked medium difficulty missions.
Accurate [1758158]

There have been a couple very easy missions, but Ched didn't announce these as a difficulty level. I actually think it's an error for these to be shown. Also the very easy contracts show as easy or medium for other people (same mission.)

Only 51 contracts have been reported to me so far. Of these several seem to be medium only and a few seem to be easy only. The rest are repeatable in higher difficulty tiers.
Butters [34298]

I brought that up with aurel (seeing a lower level mission when you've moved up a difficulty level already) and he said it's possible - I said the exact same thing to him for the record, that seeing "Very Easy" missions was a bit strange when we started on "Easy" and he just shrugged it off saying that it is possible to get them.
Accurate [1758158]

Interesting. I just had my first case of this getting amedium when I already unlocked hard. Maybe has to due with the random target chosen, and how difficult they are for you.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

There are several factors that actually - random is one of them, but mission difficulty is based on current targets, so if there are no suitable targets for your max difficulty level atm it will be dropped.
Blistig [1553363]

I have had the same mission a couple times. Last night I also got a target that I had already had. Guess I haven't been putting enough work into my stats :(
Philistine [475622]

Or your particular place on the stats hierarchy is such that only a few others are on your rung.

Depending on if you are the top dog on your rung or not, that may or may not be a good thing though.