Hello Staff person. I have a issue with the torn city map, this is the first time it has happened to me. At first I found a parachute but instead of clicking it I refreshed the page and when I went to obtain the the parachute it was gone. The next thing I did was check my items but it wasn't there either.
Please help me with this issue staff
Kind Regards,
slogomanify
it will probably just be somewhere else on the map
as above, have you checked the rest of the map?
Yes I have checked the whole map thrice and my items list, it doesn't seem to be there
Please reply soon
Kind Regards,
slogomanify
Sounds more like a 101-day-old player trying to get a free parachute to me...
Have you tried either the API to list all the items currently available to be found in the city, or the API that puts pink boxes around all the items in the city? Just to be doubly sure that you didn't miss it?
If that is the case then the logs will show him to be incorrect, I am sure they keep track of what items spawn for what people.
The API scripts will allow him to double check the map to make sure it didn't just move and he can't see it.
This is not an API feature, and such scripts are actually illegal, sooooo... yeah...
As far as I can tell, given that it is adding features into an existing application (if we call Torn an application), it qualifies as a plug-in API, it just runs through Tampermonkey instead of PHP, Python or anything else that you have to load yourself.
Sure it isn't directly using your custom API key or anything like that, but it pulls information directly from your account and modifies your game.
I'm not a master programmer or anything like that (and certainly not on your level by any stretch if your website and programs speak to your experience in the field), I do nothing more than dabble in it, but it certainly seems to fit within the parameters.
I was not advocating a program that actively picks up your items for you or anything like that. Everything I spoke of is available on the Torn forums.
The only things that are legal are those that use the API. Such scripts that you are describing do not use the API, therefor they are illegal.
The API gives us this black and white line. Nothing in the API tells you about any items in your city search.
There's no further point discussing this, as everything I've said is backed up in Ched's announcement of the API.
passing on to ched for a look into your logs.
and McNeo and Philistine, please stay on the topic or stay out of it, thanks,
Ok sir, and please let me know what was the issue, because I need to know what was the issue with this situation, so that it doesn't happen again to me.
Looking forward for the results,
Kind Regards,
slogomanify
I see you've had one 'Parachute' and you picked it up on 6th December. I'm looking at a log of all spawned items, and there's no other Parachute.
Hmm,
Ok sir, let's agree with the fact there was no second spawn of parachute as you say. But were there any missing items???
Cause I definitely remember I saw something and looked more or like a parachute,
Hope for an early reply,
Slogomanify
-Deleted because ReyDuvall learned me something new today-
It doesn't work that way.
You can't pick up someone else's item in the city.
And they don't un-spawn or disappear. OP made a mistake and should let it go gracefully instead of persisting.
The first post you made said you were sure it was a parachute and now you said it looked like one?
Did you check your items and see if there was something else that may look like a parachute that you have?
The last few items you found and picked up were...
Raven MP25
Ithaca 37
Vicodin
Chamois Plushie
Cobra Derringer
Luger
DVD Player
Baseball Bat
Vektor CR-21
That's all from Tue, 08 Dec 2015 14:22:23 GMT to Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:04:15 GMT