I've only noticed this issue since I changed from an android phone to iOS in about August (not to say it did happen to me on android, but I definitely didn't register it as being an issue for me) since playing on iOS devices, regardless of browser (I play via dolphin browser) but have tried chrome, Safari, and Firefox too, all with the same result.
it also happens on safari on the Mac. I haven't tried other browsers on the Mac.
it mainly happens when repeating (or trying to) crimes. I'm at a point where I've almost given up on doing crimes because it's so annoying. It occasionally happens when trying to take a Xanax. I don't recall having seen it elsewhere
Not just crimes. Inside of the items screen, forums, and even inside the travel screen. I've been think of using two devices to record proof of how this issue is hindering play.
I'm about to give up on this game.
Still happening.
I posted in this thread: It happens on everything where the bubbles can appear: loading crimes/forums/messages/using items and prob other things I am forgetting. As mentioned in another post it only happens on my phone using multiple browsers, never on PC for me. I have fast internet and never have issues with anything else on torn, or any other website for that matter.
Update:
- Still having the same problems on phone, not as bad though but still an issue.
- Now having the same issue with the beta territory map not loading. I get similar loading bubbles over the transparent map that never loads. Tried multiple browsers on phone with same issue.
- For the past few months torn randomly crashes the browser on my phone. Sometimes I have other websites open but only the torn tab crashes. When this happens it also logs me out of torn which is a pain. I have noticed it happens more when clicking on "Job" from the left hand menu. Doesn't happen every time and can also randomly happen when I am doing other things.
With these new issues it really is making it frustrating to play from a phone. I really hope the territory map doesn't continue to have this problem once it is released.
Not sure if I posted this but using Windows phone with all updates. Tried IE and UC browser. Tried clearing cache/history/cookies. No issues with any other websites, only torn.
Bump, still making the game frustrating as hell for me. :(
Over a year since this post was created. Still an issue. Between the bubbles, 504, and rfc errors it is becoming very difficult to do anything without some frustration.
Was this fixed in the update? Might just be coincidence but had no issue doing crimes tonight...
still an issue for me
Still an issue. Anywhere there is transition bubbles on the iPhone. Items, crimes, forum posts, etc. Sometimes I can count a slow 3 count before using a second med kit, or between a crime and that works.
I get this on 4pt crimes on my Mac using safari, can only do crimes on my iPhone...ridiculously frustrating
I get this on my Windows (8.1) laptop (i7, 8GB RAM, SSD), Macbook Air (i3, 4GB,SSD, OSX) and on old PC (2.2GHz dual core, 4GB RAM) running on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using different versions of browsers like IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc. I get this on different networks including public networks, my own 120mbit/s cable connection, and company connection (fiber, 500mbit/s).
I live in Amsterdam and have a pretty solid connection to AIX (Amsterdam Internet Exchange). And I hope Torn does too!
And Im sure if this was an AJAX coding issue, it would be solved by now...
So maybe my hardware isn't good enough anymore to run this amazing text based browser game?
Got any tips what I should buy as an upgrade to run this game properly for me please?
We live in 21th century and you use i7 with 8GB RAM for browsing an internet? Museum is awaiting your PC man.
I recomend i9 with 16GB RAM DDR 4 minimum for Torn, your SSD and fiber connection can do.
Yeah I only have DDR3 RAM too, I suppose that's part of the problem...
Maybe I should upgrade the video card on my Windows laptop too?
It's an old 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, and I think it's even the cheaper DDR3 memory one.
I was hoping it was still good enough to show the amazing Torn texts :(
Safari on Mac! I can't do anything on Safari.
Everything is fine on Firefox but jesus Safari is horrible :(
Problems I have encountered over the past 1-2 weeks on Safari on Mac (El Capitan)
- When authenticating the torn captchas i get "Safari cannot load the page" 3 out of 4 times when i click the correct number. Best solution i found was to first click the wrong number then click the correct one.
- Crimes: Half of the time I cannot do any crimes. First you click to choose Arson, if the following page even loads then you click Warehouse and nothing happens, only bubbles..
Checking the console I see this error:
[image: i.imgur.com]- Items: Very tricky to use any items. Loading the item categories half of the time does not work, i have to reload the page. Then taking items has same issues, ... its all a lottery
This all happens on a fresh install of El Capitan, only ad-block installed for safari.
Firefox runs perfectly though.
Yeah never mind, it's still happening, I noticed aches responds to big posts that have been fixed but ignores the ones that haven't. Any update from staff on this one would be appreciated?
happens on items page :(
Ched or staff, any chance of a reply on this one? Game still virtually unplayable for me hence why my donator star and subscription both got cancelled.
Do you still have the issue?
Some changes were done. We are trying to replicate the issue but without success. As we note the most problematic pages are crimes, items, forum. And this issue happens only in Safari browser (iPad/iPhone). Is it correct?
Also If you get the issue on yours PC it would helpful if you create a screenshot of your console in browser like it was done by Xiphias above. (You can open the browser's console by pressing F12 on keyboard)