18 replies · 366 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
75 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
Most-liked replies
aurel1[1046304]Admin
· 4 likes · This change was expected I believe, because this was mentioned from the beginning (and this was actually a sort of bug) - all integers and floats from now will not be represented as strings (before it was a bit random, …
It seems there was a change to the API output which broke my program. I've found the change and adapted, but this was unexpected to say the least.
Just as I'm sure you (Torn developers) share what you're working on with each other, it would be nice if us API developers were in the loop as well.
So, here's my question... Could there be an official thread that Torn staff posts API changes to? Heck, feel free to use this thread if you want.
I'm not saying we need to provide input, or that we need to approve, or that we need to comment - nothing like that. My request is simply this... When something changes in the API output, can you guys (Torn developers) post and say "this xxx now does this yyy" just to make us aware. That would be great. Thanks!
This is the change I think just happened, though I could be wrong as I'm not 100% sure what the output was previously. So, for anyone interested, this might be the recent change. If nothing else, let this be an example for the Torn developers - something as simple as this would be very helpful.
Change: The final object in a section no longer has a comma.
For the basic profile, seems pretty much all if not most 'numeric strings' like the ID, friends/enemies, etc were all changed to actual integers. Good change.
This change was expected I believe, because this was mentioned from the beginning (and this was actually a sort of bug) - all integers and floats from now will not be represented as strings (before it was a bit random, depending on actual DB type).
Such changes should not break anything actually - strings are still strings, and I don't expect, that someone will parse actual integers as strings.
I also think, that we can make a sticky in this forum - I don't expect many changes in near time so should be enough.
Chedburn [1]I added job points to 'jobpoints' selection in users category. It shows all job points for every company / job the user has earned them for. It was difficult because jobs and companies are totally separate systems and I had no clear way to display current job points clearly.
I also added 'news' and 'newsfull' to company category that seems to be working fine. Exactly like faction news.