Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mission failed

Started by Ariegi [325313] on in General Discussion.

58 replies · 1.14k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
59
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Ariegi [325313]

I have just failed a mission. I was close to it yesterday, when I had to finish the guy with only one chance.
Today I was supposed to lose, so I made my life 2/5737 with the empty blood bags but he just couldn't hit me, so I won the fight and failed a mission.
I feel bad about it, as I could equip some crappy weapon or so...

But how about you, did you screwed a mission already?
Mr-Fixer [447734]

Yeah i failed a mission was to hosp a guy with fists and kicks i had full health pretty much and i had him down to hardly any health and crits me so i lost and failed the mission
Blistig [1553363]

I have been lucky so far, no fails yet. I have lost to a few of the targets, mainly the ones where you have to win with fists.
Ariegi [325313]

For me it was the first failure.
From the very beginning I have accomplished all the missions,
including the one with flying to south africa and waiting until the unrevivable target leaves the hosp,
while all the people were hosping them instead of leaving.
Philistine [475622]

I just decline all the Safari ones I get, don't mind that counting as a failure or two.

The situation you described is exactly why I don't bother, easier to just save the time traveling and put it into training and crimes.
Chigurh [1765291]

Yep, screwed up once. Had to lose to a target, but apparently pillow did too much dmg. Next time, I'm going to use a Rusty Sword and be heavily drugged up on xanax.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Just a rusty sword alone should be enough, the mission requires you to lose or stalemate, I equipped a rusty sword for mine expecting to do very little damage... and ended up doing 0 as I couldn't land a single hit with it!
Stuffit [673988]

missions are pissing me off got to use upto and beyond 150E even then its not certain plus meds feck off all that waiting to be disappointed i thought like most ppl it would be enjoyable .new missions and all im putting my E on my character the missions and rewards are manky my point of view guys suppose the educations will disappoint as well from what iv come across so far
Ominos [1962593]

The missions I hate the most are the ones that ask you to hit somebody in a specific part of the body. It's pretty much random, so you have to keep trying until you get it.

I think I'm just not going to pick up these kinds of contracts in the future. There's no point.
Philistine [475622]

If you have a pillow or rusty sword/baseball bat, I usually give it a shot once.

As long as they can't kill you, in 25 hits you have a decent chance of getting a hit on a specific body part.
The-Wiz [1870366]

i have failed 4-5 missions. all bec. i had to defeat someone with to much defense for me, even on vicodin. so even with someones help fighting i still couldnt do any damage for the last hit. since then i have kind of stopped doing missions. id rather have my energy for training rather then blow it to get some credits.

I accepted one yesterday and i need to defeat like 6 or 7 people. thats a lot of energy
Rum4nyby [1567187]

I haven't failed a mission yet, tho I did have a close call where I rushed and was able to complete a mission exactly 2 minutes before it would have expired and counted as a failure. Spent a couple million in cash and cans asking for help for it as well lol. Had to beat some random guy with fists.

Even so, I've wasted quite a lot of energy and meds on some missions. Quite annoying, especially when my latest mission was to beat a level 51 (I'm level 35) with a hammer. I could barely beat him with my normal weapons, let alone a hammer lol. Wasted a good load of e there.

There had better be some good token shop items soon otherwise I might give up on missions cuz it's getting tedious.
Philistine [475622]

Just do the higher yield ones or the ones that don't require a lot of energy/money.

Eventually you will be able to get addons with the tokens, otherwise the best items they can get you now is the special ammo.

As such, since it may still be a while for the attachments, you should feel no obligation to do every mission that is available, nothing happens if you pass on a few other than a negligible loss of standing with the agent.

If you do 3 missions a week and get 30 credits a week, that is over one thousand over a year, and when the other agents come out, you may find those missions more to your liking.
KPCSlor [1557404]

Usually prefer a Rusty Trombone, but sounds like I better pick up a rusty sword instead!

So far I haven't failed any missions or missed a day, but still haven't been given any hard missions so I'm well behind on credit earned compared to others.
Rum4nyby [1567187]

That's a fair point.

Having said that, I do like to complete missions just for my own sanity lol. Can't stand the fact that it's there and I'm not completing it. Must be some form of OCD or something, I dunno.
Vaaskiii [1510655]
Failed like two already. Nothing big comes from doing them. Will probably just ignore them, till the new ones come. I'd rather use all that E for training.
HT-Supermikk [108922]

Bonnie and Clyde misson

I had to defeat 2 guys.

One of the guys i have beating several times now, and his name has been crossed over, but still it is green left of his name, and i cant complete the mission.

Is it a bug?