24 replies · 286 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 5 likes · So everyone is suggesting that we do not restrict ANY happy / energy / nerve company specials, even if there will be wastage over cap? I'm happy to make this change.
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 5 likes · Yes this is what I had in mind. If they have 999 (cap of 1,000), they can use another single +20 to get 1 worth and waste 19? If this is acceptable, I can implement it.
HandsomePants[1897243]
· 4 likes · No! One or two people are suggesting this. It's not a bug, it's working as intended, so make them take it to the Suggestions Forum and get 100 upvotes. I think the majority of us would much rather be stopped …
[image: i.gyazo.com]wanted to get maximum happy using sweet shop specials 5025 PI add 630 voracious = 94500 Total 99525 Tried to add 1 gluttony and got the above error message add 9 Sweet Tooth =450 Total 99,975 Tried to add 1 more Sweet Tooth and got the above error message
resorted to a bag of Ban Bons - + 25; auto adjusted amount to 99,999 and gave me the merit
It may not be able to add only part of the job bonus (as opposed to a booster), instead giving you all or nothing. As such, that error message would make sense if you're closer to the cap than the bonus it would give.
Did it work before for you in the past or is this the first time you've tried it with this particular method and happiness?
this was the first (and last) attempt; most players would use drugs (ecstasy) or Boosters (chocolates) - which is why I am probably the first to have this problem. this bug did reduce my booster cool down at a very inconvenient time
No! One or two people are suggesting this. It's not a bug, it's working as intended, so make them take it to the Suggestions Forum and get 100 upvotes. I think the majority of us would much rather be stopped from wasting JPs than worry about this one case in a million. OP admitted he's probably going to be the only player to run into this problem, please don't waste dev time making a needless change. Just my two cents, thanks!
Agreed : - notifications would be nice; but more importantly partially useful benefits should be granted; least importantly; totally useless point spending could be ignored.
If you do decide to implement the notification, maybe this would be a good phrase to use: "Your next use of this special will only provide you with X Energy/Happy (rather than the usual X), taking you to the maximum of X Energy/Happy, whilst still using X job points. Please click Continue if you're happy to do so."
I would imagine the only time this is applicable is when the player is purposely trying to reach the max anyway. I know when it happened for me trying to reach the energy cap, I ended up having to use a can for that final 4 energy I needed. I would have much rather been able to use one more job point than waste a can. At least for energy it does make sense.
For happy though, I think most people go to 50k then double up with ecstasy. Plus, happy boosters are cheaper.