Lately I have had a major issue with trades. If I go to put in some value, say 1.5 mil, half the time it will put in some random value like 373k. Then if I try to switch it to 1.5m it will put in 1.5m-373k or 1.127m. I always have to cancel and restart a trade to fix this issue. I know im putting in the numbers correctly so that isnt the issue.
trades
Started by mywo [1880491] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 36 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 49 / 100
Lately I have had a major issue with trades. If I go to put in some value, say 1.5 mil, half the time it will put in some random value like 373k. Then if I try to switch it to 1.5m it will put in 1.5m-373k or 1.127m. I always have to cancel and restart a trade to fix this issue. I know im putting in the numbers correctly so that isnt the issue.
browser, os, platform and scripts?
are you able to provide any screenshots?
Maybe related, maybe not...
When doing a user search, I have to click the text entry box to start typing as expected. If I don't move the mouse cursor before i type, it will select an almost random person from the drop down list. I say almost random because if I type "Sparkle" it might select "sparks"...which at the point that i had typed "spa" it was the top of my list, and would remain until i type the "l". In my case, the only absolute solution is to move the mouse clear of the text area or the drop down list will be and then start typing, then when I want to click the go button, I cannot pass over the text area or drop down list to get to the button.
Firefox 43.0.1 running on Win 10 (Windows was a new upgrade just before noticing this issue, and Firefox updated at the same time as windows) So basically a lot changed on my computer right before I noticed this bug.
update on this, please?
Maybe I never noticed it before but I think its just quirky. I do a lot of trades where i have the trade open in one window and my money storage open in another. So when I need to put the money in the trade I go over and withdraw it then go back and enter it without refreshing the trade page.
I think theres an issue with putting the money in when it says I have less than I'm trying to put in because I havent refreshed. Even though in reality I have withdrawn enough from the other tab. But when I do that often some weird number gets entered and I have to adjust it down to 1 dollar and then back up to the real amount I need to put in. So not sure its really a bug.
I just know at times I can go to put 100 mil in a trade for instance and it will come up with some odd value like 850k. I think theres issues putting the money in when the page with the trade says you have less money then your trying to put in, even though you withdraw more than enough from the bookie in another tab.
Do you know if the problem persists? Some changes have been made since your initial report.
Ya I still have it happening. I have gotten around it by just adjusting it down to 1 dollar so the trade page updates with my full amount of money and then putting in the full amount i need. I havent really done many trades today but I had it happen yesterday for sure.
Is the issue still replicated?
I have no clue to be honest. I found a work around of clicking off the money box before adding the money and it worked like a charm. So that is all i have been doing. I will try again now that yju ask though and update the post if its still occuring.
Thanks. We will wait
Its all fixed and working great! Thank you all very much for your time and attention to the matter.