Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missions Impossible

Started by SalomonBalov [1975713] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 191 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
SalomonBalov [1975713]

Hello there,

I am doing some Duke missions, but now I have two missions that are impossible to complete, "A problem at the Tracks" and "Hands Off" I have to beat players that are way too strong. One is level 19 the other level 13 (I´m level 7).

Is there a way to beat these guys- I thought may be I could pay a stronger player to attack them and leave them just before they are down, so I can just give the finishing blow- if that would work (the level 19 player had me down in 10 seconds).

Any suggestions?
Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Ignore level, look at age. Also temp weapons can help plus you can attack, reduce health and even if you lose, med out and attack again...

Moved... [:sick:]
dunmugmeh [538353]

The gym is your friend. But train wisely if you only train 1 stat you will always be bad at fighting.
I can usually hit my targets once or twice and they are gone, my stats are pretty even and i have lots of +% on my stats because of my educations and merit spending.
Train your stats wisely and do all the educations you can which help fighting and spend your merits on stuff like critical hits and life and maybe even stats.
All of the above will make the fighting missions 'easy' or at least manageable most of the targets get nowhere near knocking me down to half of my health.
Jobs can supply fighting boosts as well as can vicodin and lsd.
Accurate [1758158]

You can boost your stats with drugs, like Vicodin which boosts all your stats by 25%.

You can decrease their stats with temporary items like pepperspray, flash grenade or tear gas.

A combination of the two could be more than enough of the edge you need.
ReyDuvall [1526820]

You might want to wait a while before doing missions. 10 days into the game is a bit soon.

There's not a bunch of mission targets with less than 500 stats. Your stats are coming along well, but just give it more time before going at the missions, I'd say.
Pinkie [1886343]

I tried to type out the mission impossible theme tune and failed..

Woe is me.. [:cry:]


Is helpful and relevant news, Try hitting theme, If failing use drugs maybe or get some friends to help out.If they all fail then hit the gym.
SalomonBalov [1975713]

OK thanks for all the advice, much appreciated! I figured it may be too soon to do missions but as the first missions went pretty smoothly I just kep accepting them.

I have only 1 day to finish, I may give it one more try using drugs and some temporary item.
Philistine [475622]

Just remember that if you feel you are getting to the point where you are having to spend more money/energy to finish a mission than you are getting back in rewards, it may be a good time to take a break from missions for a bit and just train your stats.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Reaching level 15, so you can travel, is very important. Using your energy effectively (either training, or hitting leveling targets) helps reach level 15 quicker. The ability to travel will make it much, much easier to make money (millions a day), which will let you afford things like a private island, drugs, etc.

Missions add "another thing to do", but I don't think newer players should focus on them.

I'm not new, but I haven't done any missions. I'd rather use my e to train, so I'll have good combat stats.

This thread is "Hank's Power Leveling Guide to Level 15". It might help you out. I think it's probably the most important thread for new people to read.

http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15927057&b=0&a=0

Mentions: ...

dunmugmeh [538353]

Train your stats with some balance if you want to be good at missions.
Just whoring 2 or even worse 1 stat makes you bad at fighting.