Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Name Copyrights

Started by RadicalShady [841963] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100
RadicalShady [841963]

Names get stolen, I don't know I guess so.
don't wanna make a fool out of myself by asking this stupid question in global chat.

Well if its possible to steal names, a name copyright system affordable to majority would be a boon.

I like having alter egos. But don't wanna take that risk some scammer using my previous alias for monetary gain crippling any credibility I made.

Just some thoughts. Open to criticism and inputs.
Ty
Blistig [1553363]

So how much would you pay to "copyright" your current/unused name? How many names would you be able to copyright at a time?

I haven't changed my name once since starting, so I guess I am kind of biased for not seeing a reason for this. But I am sure some people would like it. If you are worried about someone "stealing" your former, unused name for scamming, dont change your name.
PsycWard [1579270]

I change my name for wars, I could see a temp hold on a name but I don't know how often it would be used. For example 1m dollars gets you a week hold of your current name. It might be a good way to take money out of the game but I personally don't think I'd even use it.
RadicalShady [841963]

Would someone direct this sweeny gentleman to the restroom please . Poor thing's got puke all over his face..lol

Jokes apart brah, I didn't say it because someone took the name I was using previously. I just said this because I remember many nicknames and people who were using them back then. its bad I can't be sure its them when I see them again. And names or characters are important imho, its an rpg and one that you play for life.. And there were some instances when people offered real world money for a character and its persona, without any of its wealth.

Anyways , Who wouldnt love being a hot chick for a week..