Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bank bug?

Started by Mouse [520790] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 184 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mouse [520790]

Is this a bug? I've just argued with two of my friends over this as they can only see 32m for 1 week yet I get 57m.
If I hover over 2 months it says 355m which is correct, all the others are correct, why is my 1 week so high?
It works out in 2 month/62 days I get 504m from weekly banking.

I'm probably going to regret posting this but I am honest xD

[image: i171.photobucket.com]
yoyudax [1634035]

I am unable to enter an amount to invest. After typing in one or to characters a zero appears. I have tried typing max or 100% but the zero still appears.
HandsomePants [1897243]

What he's saying is that the pop-up is wrong, not the interest rates. 1.47% of $2bill is $29.4m, so I'd think we'd expect to see $2,029,400,000 in that pop-up, to "plan" for his next investment after the current one ends... or whatever.

What the pop-up is actually showing is this number +1.47%:

[image: i.imgur.com]

... and that number looks like it's what his current investment would have been at the rate he invested at (which maybe was 1.39%?), if he had only invested for 1 week.

This mechanic is kinda nice for investments under the $2bill cap, as it shows you what you'll have next time if you just reinvest everything when your current investment is complete .... but for investments above the cap it's confusing. Maybe the pop-up could be changed to use $2bill if the current investment will return more than that? But then people in 10* Oil Rig jobs would have to have a different set of rules for their $3bill cap.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Oh I see.. it's displaying the values based on the current invested amount. If I'm understanding this correctly, limiting these values to the user's cap will resolve the situation?
Mouse [520790]

Well it is doing that for me anyway haha some in my faction are seeing the 29/32m and some are seeing the 57m, so not everyone sees it like that. Strange. Yeah HandsomePants summed up what I meant :)
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I figured this out, it's using your current investment as the value for 2 months, and then I think it's decreasing / increasing that value based on current parameters to fill the other values. Which means, if the parameters change after the initial investment (Interest rate, bank merits or stock special) the values around your actual selected investment value will be incorrect.

I'm not really sure how best to fix this. Your actual current investment value correct, but it's using the new parameters to determine the other options.

The only option I can think of, is to only show your current investment value on the chart, and hide all others (only during an active investment) to avoid confusion, like this...

[image: i.gyazo.com]

Do you think that is acceptable?
Mouse [520790]

That seems so much better, that's my personal opinion, can't speak for the rest of Torn.

It seems to only do it with weekly though for me, strangely. Any other term of investment shows correct amount whilst banking. Does seem strange, it's not anything that gets on my tits, I just thought I would make you aware of it as I wasn't sure if it actually gave 57m or not.