Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

WAI bugs newly introduced

Started by 634264 [634264] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 75 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
634264 [634264]

Part of accessibility for those with disabilities is navigation via keyboard.

Check boxes on the new item management pages (Display add, bazaar add etc) are skipped when tabbing through fields. This means users must manually click the checkbox.

I would have posted this in the WAI thread, however that thread is littered with posts about issues that I do not believe to be related to the topic, and it almost seems like posts in that thread are now falling on deaf ears because of it.
M_Mike [1707527] Tester

Do you mean that navigating by "Tab" key doesn't work or using screen reader you can't activate check box?

634264 [634264]

When navigating using the "Tab" key through the fields it skips the check boxes. to the next field

Example: In my bazaar I choose to add items. The first item on my list:
Advanced Driving Tactics Manual

Start in the quantity field. I am not selling, so tab, land in the price field.

Next item is anti tank, I want to add, so after tabbing again, it should land on the check box where I can press the space bar to activate and deactivate...instead it lands in the price field skipping the checkbox.

Manually clicking the checkbox works of course, and a tab press after manually clicking the check box will land you at the expected price field. It just will not tab into the checkbox so I can check it without using my mouse.
alexanderl [1748546] Admin Staff

Hello everyone,

We added changes for checkboxes and radio buttons using WAI (JAWS support). We will push these changes to the LIVE server with the next release and you can check them on the "Stock Market" page. Soon we are planning to add changes for all pages where checkboxes and radio buttons are used.


[image: profileimages.torn.com]



Thanks.