Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Computing Internship in Boston

Started by Carl [1188181] on in Technology.

5 replies · 26 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
11 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
Carl [1188181]

Hi,

Not sure what thread to post this in so thought tech may be the best. I am planning on moving to Boston in June, and requirements for my visa is to do an internship(or at least on the books an internship ;) ) for a year in my field of study ( Information Systems and Information Technology) I'm from Ireland and dont really know about where to search for paid internships in Boston, am I better off waiting until I go in March to visit? Am I wasting my time applying to graduates programmes online, do I need to 'know someone' to get these types of jobs?

If anyone can give me some insight on this, or if you work for a company that may look at hiring an intern that would be great to pass on the details so I can apply

Thanks
Carl
Carl [1188181]

thanks! :D
I'll give that a try, I've been using LinkedIn mostly and its hit and miss

No not an F1, its actually a J1 graduates program, but they will only allow intern/trainee positions for the visa (well, on the books) :P
McDallas [14757]

Have you looked at indeed? They're a jobs aggregator and there's thousands of positions.

Ah cool. Didn't know about J1. Is it attached to a uni? They might have a local suggestion and you could potentially get something on campus. The STEM program has jobs they to for external companies sometimes. Defo speak with STEM.
Carl [1188181]

Awesome!! Thank you so much for those two, I joined the STEM boston group and see what they can come up with, I also contacted the Irish Embassy in Boston so hopefully they might be able to help me!!

Thanks so much for your help Daphne.