Out of curiosity, does anyone think stat cap will ever or should be raised? I was talking to a friend and we thinking something like 75m-100m would be nice.
Stat Cap
Started by Fiasco [1476441] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 12
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Nobody [237547]
· 1 likes ·
I assume you are talking about diminishing returns. Used to be that happiness played no role after you crossed the 50M mark with a stat, but from what I understand it has no actual hard-cap anymore. Basically it's a much …
Out of curiosity, does anyone think stat cap will ever or should be raised? I was talking to a friend and we thinking something like 75m-100m would be nice.
I assume you are talking about diminishing returns. Used to be that happiness played no role after you crossed the 50M mark with a stat, but from what I understand it has no actual hard-cap anymore. Basically it's a much softer diminishing return now then before. I believe 50M is still the sweet-spot for getting the highest stat gain per point of energy, but you still want to surpass that by as much as you can (getting more and more diminishing returns).
I could be wrong though, but in any case I don't think they should raise it. People got the benefit when it was at 50M, seems unfair to raise it for a double "profit" for those in the new sweet-spot.
Hmm true I hadn't really thought about the affects for those who might be already at the "new cap". You make a lot of sense, selfishly I would still like to see it increased haha, but i can see that downsides. And 50m is definitely still that sweet spot for getting the best returns.
It's fine as it is - newer players already get enough of a leg up with their gym training nowadays, what with the new gyms, the changes to happy and its effects on gym trains, a much flatter rehab decay curve and the ability to make enough money to get themselves into a PI and fund a 2-3 xanax a day regimen within maybe six months at most (if that) if they are willing to put the time and effort in.
There's no such thing as "diminishing returns" - the stat cap (50 mil) is the point where your gains stop increasing (in the same gym) so you get a fixed amount of stats per train (given the same gym / perks / happy) from that point onwards.
For the record The difference between 0 happy and 4500 happy used to be about 300 stats more per train in George's (for a ~10.4k train normally) when the stat in question was >= 50 mil. Now the difference is significant - I think I found it to be something in the order of 11k stats for a single 25e rep in Frontline (it was something like 65k stats gained at 5,025 happy and only 54k stats gained at 0 happy iirc).
I wasn't even thinking about the newblets but you raise some good points Butters.
I think someone over stat cap should try training with 30k happy and report the results.
Once you get lvl 15 you can already start living in Pi and use xanax regularly.
Not 30k but here's some of my trains at various happy....
100 Happy - You gained 54,339.3974 strength
2600 Happy - You gained 61,724.9014 strength
5100 Happy - You gained 64,059.6859 strength
7600 Happy - You gained 65,494.6245 strength
10100 Happy - You gained 66,541.7124 strength
99999 Happy - You gained 76,279.0451 strength
So it looks like the happy curve is pretty steep up until the max natural cap, then it slows down, kinda like a square root function (I'm sure the actual formula is a lot more complicated.)
That's what Ched said when the happy update was rolled out - it's a logarithmic-style curve essentially (ched loves his curves he does), so beyond that 5k mark the benefit of additional happy progressively becomes proportionally less the higher you go.
Good to know. Looks like I need to study my math better lol. Now it's time to find out what those pesky coefficients are. :(