Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Travel 2.0

Started by austere [1633961] on in General Discussion.

67 replies · 2.04k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Butters [34298]

I've not heard or seen any such thing and I tend to keep a bit of an eye on the forums from time to time.

My money would be on functionality that is tied in with the missions framework somehow and an expansion of the laptop functionality. Another possibility might be an "activity" for each country (like hunting in SA) that players can do (and probably a revamp of hunting itself now that I think of it).
mug [553318] Committee Committee

gyms and crimes? what the f**k are you people talking about.

only thing he's adding in is new plane pictures.
escapevelocity [1928103]

I want to say that it would make traveling more integrated into the game for example allowing the laptop to actually access all the links on the pages that it's already linked to, at least the stuff listed as "newspaper." Essentially anything to make traveling less boring.

But honestly I too think it will just be switching out the 747 for the A380 because why not.
Zues_ [1980169]

Travel 2.0 will see newbies workin their asses off 24X7 in the game to actually get to lvl 15...



Hanks gonna be happy....XD


More newbies = more karma from his guides...
part_timer [1533745]

Hopefully it's a serious overhaul of what you can buy overseas and what you do with it.

this is a crime game where players can't make much from actual crime, but you can make much more by importing flowers and plushies.
Kingstown [1957679]

Half true. There are a lot of weapons that you can buy which would give you more profit then buying flowers/plushies.
Not in all countries, but rather then standard buying flowers/plushies it's really worthwhile to check more available items abroad that are related to crimes.
Data [1610898]

Chedburn [1]
Crimes are for in-torn only. It'd be a bit random having all of the crimes in Torn, and then two random ones in other countries. I'd love to add some other unique areas to the countries which have none - just need ideas

I have the start of an idea as follows:-
Visit the bonsai shop in Japan, where a few of the following trees would be for sale at random, Elm, Maple, Beech, Oak, Birch, Cedar, Fig, Ash Cypress, Larch, Spruce and Pine.
Collect the set to permanently increase a players happy bar by say 75.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its been said before about using the yacht to travel to places which may be a good idea, or for the yacht to be able to visit a new place where the plane is unable to land maybe.

Mentions: Chedburn [1]

Ali [1445620]

Sadly for another day yes, flying has been a real drag and I have had to make do with the forums or fly whilst at work so im not even online :(
Chigurh [1765291]

Yes, this would be a logical crime (smuggling)! Both to and from Torn, with the ability to bust people in foreign lands. I think bribing custom officers should be allowed (and possibly a skill, like busting).



damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor

I've always thought Paris or Moscow would be good destinations to add.

I'm excited for this update... Especially if it makes me more money xD
McDallas [14757]

I'm very excited about this and curious what it will include. But nervous about hunting. As frustrating as it is, and as much as it needs a change...I do want to finish what I startedif possible.