Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

"...cannot be bountied."?

Started by Rockwell [1979683] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 164 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
10
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Rockwell [1979683]

I am pretty new here and a certain someone keeps hospitalizing and mugging me. I put a bounty on him hoping this might curtail this but, it didn't. I tried to put a bounty on him again and I get the follow message:

"This is a newly signed up player, so they cannot be bountied."

So, what gives? I was able to do it before, why not now? At what point can you put a bounty on someone?

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions on what else I can do about this, let me know. Not really very fun to play a game where everytime I log on I'm in the hospital or out a bunch of money.

Thanks.
Philistine [475622]

What did you do to piss someone off to the point where they would waste that much time on a lower level player?

When you figure that out, stop doing it, see if that makes them move on.

Otherwise, just start training harder, eventually you will outpace them if they are wasting all their energy on hitting you.

If you could bounty them before and now you can't and it is the same person, sounds like it may be a bug.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Players under 14 days old cannot receive bounties unless they're in a faction, if you were able to do it before and now cannot then it means they've left their faction.

Players under 14 days old however can still attack other players under 14 days old.
Rockwell [1979683]

*Edit: @bogie, I see. Thanks, I think he did leave his faction.

As for pissing them off, I did nothing. Perhaps they keep doing it because they know they can or maybe they're pissed now because I put the bounty on them. Either way, I can't train or do much of anything because I keep logging on in the hospital. On that note, I was under the impression when you weren't online you were (relatively) safe. At home or something. Guess not.
Philistine [475622]

You can be attacked at any point, with the exception of when you are traveling or in jail. There is nothing illegal about that practice unless they start transcending the game.

You just have to med out of the hospital when you need to train or do your crimes (and since you generally only need to do that every couple hours that negates the hospitalization to a point). You may want to join the medical profession for a time if you're having difficulty getting your hands on medical items at this point in your Torn career.



Lambdadelta [1938313]

I was under the impression that once you joined a faction you gave up your 14 days protection.

I wasn't aware you could just leave and have it reinstated.