Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MLB is coming!

Started by VanillaRilla [1968068] on in Sports.

20 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

deft [979003]

Mariners will make the playoffs one day.. it's been 11 years but I'm still an avid fan. I watch practically every game that felix is pitching.
HandsomePants [1897243]

There is no team to talk about this year except the Chicago Cubs. Next year is here!

Seriously though, best collection of young talent in the league (Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Rizzo all potential All-Stars under 25), combined with some good offseason signings (Heyward, Zobrist, Lackey), after making the NLCS last year ... it's tough to not get very excited too early.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Agreed, I'm not a Cubs fan but top that roster off with Maddon and GM Epstein and they are Series or bust.

Grew up a Big Red Machine fan, and get so tired of watching them trade away all the good players.
CrazedOne [1915023]

Good luck facing a potentially historic rotation for the Mets this season. Pick your poison on the mound!!! Going to be a fun season this year wouldn't mind a rematch of the NLCS
HandsomePants [1897243]

Oops "accidental" down rate :P

Yeah though, it's certainly possible, we just need to learn how to make a little more contact at the plate. Heyward is a good step there, and another year for our young guys. We shall see!
Tigrrrrrr [132684]

Sorry to say, the Tigers are on the decline. Miggy has been and will always be 15 lbs overweight, and the older he gets , the more it will hurt his ability to move. Then we talk pitching... theyve lost 2 rotations worth of all-stars over the last 5 years and kept the wrong ones. While they may have solved their closer issue, they wont have enough games for him to save. Theyre lucky if they go .500 this year.

So you know, I took my name from them in what was it , 2007 . Yes I am a fan, just a realistic one.

I think it comes down to the Royals and the Cubs this year.
rybussell [523094]

Tribe fan here! Would love to see their staff vs the Mets staff (which I will on Apr 15th) in the world series! But not expecting a lot... We haven't won since '48 and unless we upgrade our offense a tad, I doubt that streak ends.