I'm in racing class D and i can't get any racing points to upgrade my car. I usually end up in 5th or 6th place. How do I stop losing?
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 49 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
I'm in racing class D and i can't get any racing points to upgrade my car. I usually end up in 5th or 6th place. How do I stop losing?
Hi Danny
You can join a Car dealership, like my company, a mechanic or a gas station and you get the job specials that y trade for racing points to upgrade your car, other way is race...race....race....to get your driver skill up...it will help, suggest that you only spend points on upgrades in lower class just till y start getting them in oficial races and save the rest for class b sierra and the class a cars.
Hope I helped
have fun
As your racing skill goes up, you'll do better even without upgrading the car. And in every race, there is a fairly high luck factor, so you'll pick up some top three finishes that way over time.
As mentioned above, some jobs can help. Personally, I have other goals so I never worked in any job that would help with racing. It certainly helps, but it isn't necessary, IMO.
Mostly, I'd recommend doing lots of 100 lap races. In particular, if you're going to bed or going to work or something and you aren't going to be active, set up a long race. 100 laps on the docks track for instance. Let it race while you aren't around, and your driver skill will go up fairly fast.
It also sounds like you probably used the racing points you gained in E class to upgrade that car, and now have no upgrades at all for your D class car. Learn the lesson - save points. I made the same mistake when I was E class.
As a general rule, I'd recommend using as few as you can in each class. If you save your E class points, and use them when you first move to D class, then the should get you through D class. Then, the points you make in D can be used when you get your first C class car. Repeat that in B, using the points you earned in C. When you move to B class, you probably shouldn't use them all. Ideally, you want all of what you earn in B class, plus a few more, when you reach A class, so you can afford to fully upgrade your first A class car when you get there.
What he said^
Really, racing in the custom races with many laps (100) is a great way to get up your skill level. It takes hours per race, but that's what you need to do.
And what about if the car crashes on lap - lets say - 50. Does he still win the skill level correspondent to those 50 laps?
that's a really good question. i've never crashed and i dont think i will anytime soon o.O (but i may start seriously recording data on my skill. . . dunno)
Also, i would like to say, speedwa y 100 laps takes a VERY small amount of time as compared to say Parkland 100 laps. I think i get more exp out of parkland than speedway, so the more time it takes may be the more important factor in skill. or maybe the difficulty of navigating the course? (parkland's a bitch)