Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Make chess cheat-proof!

Started by Antarctic [1982271] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 48 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100
Antarctic [1982271]

Hi there, I know that chess has been removed, but I have some ideas that you could try to input for chess.
(If anyone has more ideas, add them!)

1. Private games. (I have a friend who loves to play chess as much as me. We both love it, and we would not cheat. We just want to play it together and bet on it.)

2. Window switching. (If you switch the tab or window of Torn Chess, it would automatically make you lose. This could stop people from flipping back and forth between tabs to cheat.)

3. Timer. (Most chess games have a timer, maybe 30 seconds a move. Or you could do 1min or 2min games, so cheaters wouldn't have enough time to play the computer.
Glimph [1950707]

I'm all for it on principle but every one of your ideas has flaws:
1. If you want a private game of chess with a RL friend, why do you need it to be here? Even if it isn't a RL friend. If you trust him/her enough to not cheat, you can trust him/her to send the money over if they lose.

2. Even if that is possible (in any case it is fairly complex), preventing people from alt-tabbing means people can't trade at the same time, etc. And above all, people can have more than one computer. You could play on your phone and cheat with a computer for instance.

3. This one makes the least sense: using a computer to cheat is faster than having to think it over, so you're just enticing people to cheat. And how do you decide the winner after a 1 or 2 minute game in a fair way?

Not down-voting since you can improve your idea.
Antarctic [1982271]

Wow, I never thought of this Glimph. Thank you for the reply. I understand now why Torn has not brought back Chess. Thank you.

NOTE: I realized something, so please lock this thread/stop posting on this thread.