Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[userscript] Extra Chain Bar

Started by PsycWard [1579270] on in Tutorials & Guides.

11 replies · 875 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
73 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

PsycWard [1579270]

At the request of a friend I'm put up this old script I wrote. It adds an extra chain bar at the top left of the screen next to the torn logo. This chain bar is always there: attack page, traveling, etc. If there is an active chain when the page loads you will see it in the top left. If not it will be a blank gray rectangle. On mouseover the chain bar starts to refresh every 2 seconds, on mouseout it stops. It does not run continuous, this would have a negative effect with multiple tabs.


Once installed everyone must change YOURFACTIONID in the script to your actual faction id, for example Vulpes is 7709.
To find your faction id click on your own name, once on your own profile page go to your faction hover or copy the url. At the end of the url you will see ....step=profile&ID=xxxx xxxx is your faction id.

If you use GreaseMonkey you will probably need to delete line 7. From what I've read GM has had a problem with calling jquery libraries for years. I use Tampermonkey so I have no issues with the library reference but in the last script I put up deleting the line solved the problem in GM.
This is line 7:
"// @require http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.4/jquery.min.js"


Known Issues:
If you are not a donator: placement will be off but it will still work.
If torn puts up temporary messages in the header: placement will be off but return to normal when the messages go away.


If you have an issue explain your problem, I will simply ignore posts that say it's not working.
Your browser, what you have done, what you see, if you have any errors and what the exact problem is should be included. If you can't be bothered to tell me that, I can't be bothered to look into your problem.





[image: i.imgur.com]
Extra Chain Bar v0.1