Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Prototype] Some tools for torn

Started by byrod [1132772] on in API Development.

6 replies · 359 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
byrod [1132772]

Hello everybody,

for the last months, I have been working on some tools, using the API. Now it has a state, that I like to share at least some screenshots of it. The idea was to create a tool simple to use and also usable on mobile phones.

The screenshots are from the mobile version.
ScreenshotDescription
[image: razerwire.net]I've decided to make the login as easy as possible. At the moment, it requires just the API key.
[image: razerwire.net]At the moment, there are only a few options for every user:
- Chain status
- Spy (add a player id)
- Easy merits tracker

The following parts are only usable, when you have the AA permission in a faction:
- Chain logs
- War scores
- Donation count
- Armory usage
- Faction statistics
[image: razerwire.net]The welcome page.
[image: razerwire.net]'Spying' is in fact just comparing some key stats from yourself with another player. The idea is to make use this for example while traveling.
[image: razerwire.net]For some simple merits, I've added a short overview over the progress.
[image: razerwire.net]The displaying of the chain logs was first just implemented to debug the war scores (next screenshot). It is kind of a filter of the attack logs because it only contains hits during a chain, made from members of your own faction.
[image: razerwire.net]The war scores. A sortable table with all hits during a war period. It is possible to define a start date. Color code: You can define how many hits/day are expected from a member. green = above that mark, red = less hits than expected.
[image: razerwire.net]For statistic freaks: Some basic facts from the war. The date can be defined.
[image: razerwire.net]The donations from the faction members can be displayed in an overview. With the buttons on top, you can show/hide the items of the different categories.
The start date can be selected.
[image: razerwire.net]Where are donations, there is also armory usage. For the donated items in the categories drugs, medicals, alcohol, candy and energy drinks (plus points and money)
The start date can be selected.
Any feedback on that is appreciated.

- Do you think it is useful?
- Where do you see more potential?

Thanks for your replies,
/by
ManuWinters [784168]

It could be usefull for track the stadistics and very useful to make a comparation when you want to attack someone or only to know how are doing ur member factions according with ur own work...

The easy merit Tracker is like the % in the Awards information? for example how many points do I need more to get a level or rank?
Kraft [1264011]

I like your approach on spies. For me, this quick and simple stats comparison page is all I need to make a decision (during a war). I would LOVE this to show up directly in the player's page, or warbase.
byrod [1132772]

"The easy merit Tracker is like the % in the Awards information?"
--> Yes it is. The idea was to show that for the "Honors" where such progress is not visible.

/by
BraveKath [1815519]

Curious if you've gone further on this project and since this crosses over on some territory with TornStats have you contacted IceBlueFire? I'm not the greatest about checking the forums, Byrod if you don't mind chatting me that would be terrific. Thanks
byrod [1132772]

Hey Kath,

no, I am currently not on contact with Icey.

Due to a lack of time, I was not working on this very much. We use it for some faction things, and there are some faction mates which are testing. But there are still some things to rework before a release can be planned.

I will contact you in the next days, feel free to message me too ;-)

/by