Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How Rich?

Started by Riot [974353] on in Questions & Answers.

24 replies · 448 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Riot [974353]

So I am a very inactive player these days, my networth is within the top 5000 of players on here and I was wondering, what do you guys do with all your money?

I have 2 fully upgraded Pi's, I have maxed out my bank, I have maxed out my spouses bank, I have maxed out the vault, I have all the stocks that are worth investing in... whats next?

I mean I have always been interested in starting up an Oil rig or some shit, (I haven't checked it out in a while). what sort of money are we talking to start up and run a successful rig?
dunmugmeh [538353]

Spend it on making yourself better ie stat training. I spent a lot on crime clicking ie years of mistletoe madness $10 million + a day. You should train your combat stats as well.

Or you could chase even more play money and then cry when people who have been playing the game for less than 2 years can mug you and take all your play money away.
Rino_007 [344056]

You forget that mugging was really weakened for those who carry large amounts of cash on them at once.

And the next thing to do Freak is to max out your spouses stock benefits worth having, and THEN make a tv company or oil rig. After that use the profit from the company to fuel your stats.
dunmugmeh [538353]

This is true. But the crying about mugging seems to be increasing. I think there are a lot of new players who play this game who think this is monopoly or farmville. Worrying about their stock portfolios and oil rigs and flowers etc.

Stats are better than flowers and stocks.

The stat training should begin before you start building oil rigs etc.

Little fishes with little stats can be eaten by sharks. Some training is necessary now so you can rise above the bottom feeders who prey on weaklings who have low stats.
JoeSkull [533524]

Some people play differently. I for one tend to focus more on investing than stats. It's just more fun for me. As far as mugging, I never have cash on hand. It's pointless to mug me. I don't make money just to have it stolen, I plan on where I need to store it so people with stats can't take it.

When I get tired of the investing portion of torn, I'll use the wealth I earned along with the stock benefits to boost my stats.
dunmugmeh [538353]

ok. but if you have tiny stats now it will take years of training to overtake the buy muggers and the other vultures if you have tiny stats now.
Rino_007 [344056]

That is because the changes to mugging made mugging take a larger % of a poor persons on hand money. Imagine, someone buys something for 4 million, the seller before the sale had no money on hand BUT then gets mugged by someone with 10 merits into mugging. BOOM instantly lost 1 million, or 25% of the cash they had on hand.

Now, we both know in the grand scheme of things 1 million is peanuts for this game. But for a new player, that just killed any profit they were going to get for trading unless they personally traveled to buy a lot of flowers.

Can you remember how hard your first 1 million was to make? I know I do. I got it before the missions changed and I got it... You guessed it right doing the the mission that gave you like 3 million to complete it. Sure, a new player has many other things available to them now... but the mugging part really bites if they don't have a lot of wealth. If they were modestly strong, no one would bother to mug them for a mere 1 million but the point still is there.


So the lesson here for new(er) players: Get your stats high, appear to be strong or trade in smaller volumes (lower transaction amount) to make yourself not worth mugging.
dunmugmeh [538353]

squirrels and mouses saving money for a rainy day?

its raining now. there is and has been for a couple of years now maybe even 3 years a new breed of player the mega restarter/multi/newbie player funded by vast amounts of tc play money and they will overtake your puny stats total of 300 million within a couple of years. or less.

its raining now. spend your play money on getting better stats.


Christ [1915488]

Tru my first million was extremely painful (5 days)
Then i got a 300m bonus from a qutting player.
so idk play money is pretty easy to get..
just don't blow real money trying to get fake money:)

ps. oh just realized your and older player money was a lot scarcer back then
Rino_007 [344056]

Over all the mugging system is better than it was, but still it stings the hell out of those trying to carve wealth and deal with people who will make a quick buck.
SmokeyOgreen [1883899]

I'm confused did you just reply to yourself? LOL

I totally agree with what you're saying though, stats are (well should be) #1 priority.
dunmugmeh [538353]

sometimes replying to myself is better than what other people post :P

there are a lot of squirrels playing this game.

this isnt monopoly play money is nothing if you dont do anything with it.
PatBenatar [420347]

Rich-how much do you need?

In game money is like real life.

In RL I have a modest home that is paid for, a beautiful car and enough money to travel for the years to enjoy retirement. I donate to several charities.

In game- I have the best house with all of the bells and whistles I need/want. I have a good job and a great boss. I have money in the banks and in stocks. I have the one collectable in the game that is priceless to me. I do not need any more to make me happy.

Find what you truly enjoy and make a plan to get it and then just enjoy the game.

Running a company is very rewarding but it is hard work. If you wish to commit then make that your number one priority in the game. You will do well.

I wish you luck. Remember money does not buy you happiness.
RonBurgundy [71545]

My money has gone to stats for the last year.

Gained over a billion so I'm happy but unless you're investing your money repeatedly it's a waste.

I hate having money in the vault - it's being wasted. That could be FHCs or stocks.
JoeSkull [533524]

Better for who? If you can continue to make money by investing it or "hiding it" then make money if you want. Use whatever money you make from investing to better yourself.

I keep seeing you say "it's better to just spend it than hold onto it". I have yet to understand why.
RonBurgundy [71545]

Your post paraphrased:

"I don't understand? I agree with you.

I don't understand that i just agreed with you."

Make money, reinvest in making more money or spend it on drugs/points/boosters.

Casino, vault, company and faction bank = squirrels hiding nuts
FHC, Xan, SEs = squirrel with nuts out

Live life with your nuts out!