Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Which Is better??

Started by Sinnar [1936396] on in Technology.

21 replies · 206 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Sinnar [1936396]
Which is better??

Android or IOS

Please state the reason as to why that is better and we will know what torn player uses more.

if it's none of the above then tell your fav.
Ygritte [1358778]

While IOS has more premium apps on it's app store Android is more user friendly and has an over all better system. Android over IOS anyday
Sinnar [1936396]

Thanks for supporting me mate. I don't know who R- this thread but I thought that this part of forum is dead and so I started this thread. But I see some people don't like the question I suppose :( .
Sinnar [1936396]

Haha maybe but I said that they have to answer a question. But they might have thought that they have to answer a question which is related to trade.
Eg: What's the price of Ak-47??
Cursed [1901987]

depends what you want... there is no "better" operating system, i mean, windows is better for laptops, but worse on phones

what do you need it for?
Mat-Senpai [952164]

"what's the better software"

that's such a broad question it's not even worth attempting to answer, also calling them software is like calling a car a toy. Call them OS pls.
ExemptedNut [1985107]

Purely on an OS level as far as phones go, I agree that android is more user friendly and tends to run into less software issues through my experience. However on a hardware and build level, I give credit to apple. I repair phones and tablets all day long and overall apple products have a solid build quality. If I could have my way I'd want apple build with android software haha
Jobby [1640111]

Android for me...I'd have to sell the gf on the street and re-mortgage the neighbours house to get the same kind of specs in an Iphone that a basic 150 quid samsung offers.
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

I bought an ipod once.

They wanted my whole life story and what I planned on naming my baby if it was a boy or a girl just to get it operating. They even wanted a cc number.

After I finally got it to load my music, about a year later it just stopped charging.

f**k Apple. Didn't they sue Samsung for making mp3 players? I had a couple of very nice android, user friendly Samsung players where I could just plug it into my pc and click and drag music on to it. You have to jump through fn hoops to upload music to an ipos
du48gune [1923290]

Note: Both Operating Systems have their strengths and weaknesses, there is no 1 OS that is perfect in every aspect.

For iOS:
1)Better (in terms in the SoC, RAM, and also the PCIe-based SSD) performance (depends on model)
2)Most (if not all) apps will work on an iDevice and run it smoothly.
3)More apps than Android.
4)More secure than Android
Against iOS:
1)Only a single SIM card slot
(some Android phones have hybrid slots, which can hold a SIM card or MicroSD card, manufacturers may or may not include this features, like Dual SIM slots and MicroSD card slots, like Google's Nexus)
2)NO expandable memory (Apple does this to increase profits)
3)User non-removable battery (so you can't bring a external, fully charged battery in case the iDevice's battery runs flats on power, even worse when you're outdoors, no nearby power source, no powerbank.)

For Android:
1)A wide range of devices running this OS to choose from (go to gsmarena for more info), from low-end to high-end ones
2)Dual SIM slots (depends on devices)
3)Expandable storage (also depends on device)
4)Removable battery (still depends on device, but unlikely on an Android tablet)
Against Android:
1)Very hard to regulate standards as it is very open
2)Some brands may be like Apple, disabling features stated above.
3)Security loopholes may be exploited months or even years before being spotted and closed

So with all this details, I hope what your Android or iOS devices can or cannot do, and even help you make a better informed
decision if you want to buy a gadget.

-SerialAceTU1




EliteSpetsnaz [1617921]

Try to stick with the operating system itself, your talking about hardware and removable batteries but that has Nothing to do with the operating system itself, just sayian