Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Raceway

Started by McNeo [864688] on in API Development.

8 replies · 164 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
McNeo [864688]

Hmmmm I can't see anywhere in the API that lists racing.

Can we get an API "raceway" section and calls the list...

Start
Format: epoch timecode
Value before entering race: null
Value after entering race, before race starts: epoch timecode for the time the race starts
Value after the race stars, before the race ends: epoch timecode for the time the race started
Value after the race ends: epoch timecode for the time the race started
Value after the raceway has timed-out after a race: null

Finish
Format: epoch timecode
Value before entering race: null
Value after entering race, before race starts: null
Value after the race stars, before the race ends: epoch timecode for the time the race is expected to end
Value after the race ends: epoch timecode for the time the race ended
Value after the raceway has timed-out after a race: null

Position
Format: integer
Value before entering race: null
Value after entering race, before race starts: null
Value after the race stars, before the race ends: position in race
Value after the race ends: position in race
Value after the raceway has timed-out after a race: null

And maybe others as available/suggested... All I'm looking for is the stats of a current race, though others may be looking for historical data, not sure how easy all this might be to add.
AAW [1525734]

Alot of things could be added too the API? but not many developers are showing themselves for them too put the effort into updating the API :P
Mauk [1494436]

I'm guessing requesting a new API endpoint without backing it up with valid and interesting use cases won't be very effective..
Jenshi [1882620]

I would love to see this as well. I started out, full newling, of course knew everything, and got myself into a bind when I went up to my B license. I had spent way too many of my points on upgrades I really didn't need. I spent weeks, and weeks, just trying to get my drivers skill up to even have the chance at 3rd place wins. So being able to see how close you are to your next license would be awesome! ~J