I'm looking for ideas to break into providing graphics for players in Torn. Post your ideas for banners, signatures, or whatever. I will then build the top three that inspire me the most and provide them free of charge. To get an idea of my style, see my other post titled Graphics through Photomanipulation.
All I ask is that if you like them, please send me more ideas or recommend me to others.
[:grin:]
I'd like to see s'more destitute places. There's plenty of anime and portrait/caricatures, how about environments?
I would love to see inspirational posters with quotes by our modern day heroes..lots of great graphics but just images there, no words on them. For instance it would be nice to one of Conor McGregor, and a quote by him, e.g.
http://www.hdfbcover.com/randomcovers/covers/Conor-McGregor-quotes.jpg
Inspirational quotes can be cheesy, but I do find some of them really inspiring.
That I can do. I already have some ideas just from that.
It's got potential. Just need to find the right balance without bringing on the cheese. Right away I got the idea of something like a war scene with a famous general's quote. Or, even (semi-cheesy) combining Crass's with yours and do a scene from Fallout with the words "War. War never changes."
I think it's good since everybody has quotes that they like, whether it's from people, or movies as you've suggested :)
Never underestimate the cheese factor. Lol. Cheers!
Okay, so I really got stuck in the mindset up nuclear devastation thanks to the thoughts of destitute landscapes and my mention of fall out, sooo here's what I came up with:
[image: i.imgur.com]War Never Ends
[image: i.imgur.com]
Destructive Tendencies[image: i.imgur.com]Bringer of Death, Destroyer of Worlds
the graphics have to be higher quality than that to sell m8... i cant offer advice cause I dont do sigs myself haha
You cropped and slapped text on this image
[image: encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com]
Just a friendly note that 99% of the time, text in the corner of a piece is a horrible idea. It splits the focal and makes the piece unsettling to look at, as there's no one place to focus on. Unless you're purposely going for that which I don't think you are
True. I literally slapped it together to get some ideas flowing, based on my discussion with Blackstorm, and her example of
http://www.hdfbcover.com/randomcovers/covers/Conor-McGregor-quotes.jpg, that's all. How about the 2nd one. It's a composite of different images, with gradients, blends and color treatments. The image of the mannequins were originally black and white.
Thanks. Right now, my trouble is designing something around the unknown. So help me out, what are the various types of graphics that can be made that people are looking for? i.e. I hear a lot of talk of Faction Banners and or Signatures. Which is which or what's the difference and what else is there?
Signatures go in your forum signature and faction banners are banners used to promote a factin within torn. Sizes differ depending on who's making/using
Is there anything else? Or is that primarily what people are looking for?
I don't know what people are looking for, only people know what people are looking for
I'll buy that. I should have phrased that differently. I meant are there other graphics types, besides these and personal profile images that users utilize often. But it sounds like you answered my question with the two main items: Signatures and Banners, which is what I thought, but was hoping there might be other avenues that I hadn't come by yet. Thanks for your help :-)
ppl often buy most things here on torn
Anything you make people will buy, as long as it looks goods
I know, right? lol, I can't even keep Tissues and fluffy kittens on the shelves in my items market. I just want to know what the heck they do with all this junk???