Okay, so I rented a PI awhile back, and never payed upkeep on it, so when the turn was up, It got taken out as a loan with Duke. I don't care about any of that though, but while I was paying my fee, I saw on the dialogue box, if you don't pay it within a month, something happens. So, just out of curiosity, what happens? Do you become one of those people on the missions he tells you to fight?
Loans with Duke
Started by Phillip7up [1967129] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Okay, so I rented a PI awhile back, and never payed upkeep on it, so when the turn was up, It got taken out as a loan with Duke. I don't care about any of that though, but while I was paying my fee, I saw on the dialogue box, if you don't pay it within a month, something happens. So, just out of curiosity, what happens? Do you become one of those people on the missions he tells you to fight?
You become a nasty target of players who are on missions.
he also starts mugging you / bountying you etc. It can be very nasty as the amount he mugs aren't limited to the usual 1-10% depending on how much you carry, he just takes it all.
My advice, pay him asap :p
Hmm i wondered that too. If he mugs the same amount owed or more does he cancel the debt or keep on mugging?
No, if he mugs you, the money he mugs doesn't count towards paying off your debt.
So, if I had 10m on hand, he would mug me and take the entire 10m? Even if my loan was even like 1m?
I would assume so considering what Baldr said... might be best to just pay the 1m if you had 10m
I'll pay it either way...I was just wondering
It shows up on your American Express! They have ways;)
Duke will mug all what you have on hand :(
Duke bounties you if you've taken out a loan from him for 6-7 weeks without paying the fee.
He then keeps you bountied or personally hospitalizes you, until you have the amount you owe in fees on hand and then takes the fees off you (taking up to 100% of your money on hand).
I don't know if it's changed now, but the money he mugged definitely used to count towards paying him back.
Don't think becoming a mission target is related as all the mission targets seem to be inactive people- otherwise active people who don't pay Duke back could go around travelling all the time so that it would be impossible for people to do their missions.