When I click to use the notebook, it opens as normal, but usually it ends up in a weird state where i'll click on it and it will do the "saving" thing, as though I made a change, but I can't select it, nor edit it.
Notebook Issue
Started by 1964431 [1964431] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 50 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 51 / 100
When I click to use the notebook, it opens as normal, but usually it ends up in a weird state where i'll click on it and it will do the "saving" thing, as though I made a change, but I can't select it, nor edit it.
Does the saving part disappear after a few seconds?
If not, please provide your browser, browser version, device and device version. Did you click on the title of the notebook or the content?
On (what i think is) the newest version of chrome on a Chromebook. And it happens, the saving symbol disappears, then I click again and it does it again.
It's designed to do that.
I can't type.
Maybe you can try recording a small snippet of what's happening for the developers as it's working as intended for me. You can try this piece of software: https://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-jing-record-video.html
I can't, the chromebook is owned by the school and most software isn't allowed. :(
But regardless, it's acting like i'm editing it, and "saving' like i changed it, but each time I click on it it won't let me type in it, it just does the saving animation and says saving.
Aside from that, it doesn't let me type into it, just click. And it has worked for me in the past.
Might be worth just giving your cache a quick clear? Might be a conflict there causing the issue.
Didn't work :(
My last suggestion: Do you want to try disabling tampermonkey to see if that helps?
checking now, thanks for the help regardless
EDIT:
Did not work ;-;
Still nothing from a mod? No comment or confirm?
It's been a week. I kinda need the notebook to keep track of my company stuff.
Please provide the following:
- What browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers to see if the issue still persists?
- What operating system?
- Are you using any scripts? If so, try turning them off and see if that fixes your issue.
- Clear out your cache and temporary files as this sometimes resolves minor issues.
- What server are you on?
- Can you replicate the issue?
- Provide a screenshot of the issue.
1 chrome (can't change it, on chromebook)
2 Chrome os
3 turned off, doesn't help
4 tried, doesn't work.
5 (will edit in when found, think it's on all though)
6 It's a constant thing for me
7 gif posted above
Will have someone look into this. Thanks
I know it's only been 2 days, but any updates? It would help a lot to be able to use it again.
Hi Mecha-Hitler,
The issue has been fixed within this bugreport http://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=19&t=15971417&b=0&a=0#!p=threads&f=19&t=15971417&b=0&a=0&start=20