As the eater egg hunt continues more information is gathered on their behaviour. while there seem to be more eggs this time than last year, one thing may have prevented you from finding them.
Take a look at this screenshot (1920x1080)
[image: s3.amazonaws.com]
See where the bastard spawned? Seems fine until you realise that it is directly underneath the location of a chat box. While there is a low chance of this happening it can still happen to you and cause a lapse in your egg spawns. I reckon you get about 1 every day. more precise time between spawns is hard to tell, we know it is somewhat erratic though. I lost this egg because of the chat boxes i had open.
Be cautious and make sure you close the windows when navigating. you may also want to disable more boxes (indicated in yellow) to avoid missing one at the bottom of the screen. I believe it is possible for an egg to spawn below the area you first open the window so if you want to make certain you grab every egg do this.
Safe hunting.