Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Userscript] BBCode to HTML

Started by Xiphias [187717] on in Tools & Userscripts.

7 replies · 648 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

081Shooter [685659] ×1

Xiphias [187717]

So a while ago I wrote this script to turn the old BBCode on Torn to HTML.
I never shared as I thought it might not be useful for any of you Torners out there.
Now that the new Mission system is out you might end up seeing many of
those old profile signatures with that god awful wall of text.

This script fixes just that problem and beautifies those old non-working profile signatures.

Features:
- Changes old profile signatures to work with the new Torn
- Cleans up a bit in the old forums.
- Fixes Forum signatures that use BBCode


How to install:
- Requires Greasemonkey for Firefox or TamperMonkey for Chrome (quickly tested on Chrome, seems to work)
- Install the script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18863-torn-city-bbcode-to-html


For anyone still browsing the old forums this script also does some
cleaning there.
BBCode found on the old forums are fixed but the formatting is still bad
since the data of white space characters has been lost somewhere in the
process towards the new Torn.

It's been a long time since I worked on this script so it might be a bit faulty.
I will not be fixing it at the moment. But if anyone finds any issues please let
me know.


Screenshot example from mlv081OnBrEaK's profile (http://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=685659).

Before
[image: i.imgur.com]

After:
[image: i.imgur.com]

Mentions: 081Shooter [685659]

Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

O I am so using this.. I was just about to turn prof sigs off to when I stumbled upon this! Only a small change effective on very little profiles, but still an awesome change.

R+
1898966 [1898966]

R+ Nice post.

I don't mean to be a twat but instead of having:

// @include http://www.torn.com/profiles.php*// @include http://torn.com/profiles.php*// @include https://www.torn.com/profiles.php*// @include https://torn.com/profiles.php*// @include http://www.torn.com/forums.php*// @include http://torn.com/forums.php*// @include https://www.torn.com/forums.php*// @include https://torn.com/forums.php*// @include http://www.torn.com/old_forums.php*// @include http://torn.com/old_forums.php*// @include https://www.torn.com/old_forums.php*// @include https://torn.com/old_forums.php*
Wouldnt this be easier?
// @include *torn.com/profiles.php*
// @include *torn.com/forums.php*
// @include *torn.com/old_forums.php*

Xiphias [187717]

Good point. :) It's been a while since I looked at the code and I should probably rewrite it one day but I can see that this part was a bit overkill hah