Anyone else on here use the Zombies, Run! App?
*No spoilers please*
I'm steadily getting through the first season and am really in to it now. Give it a look see if you're wanting to get fit and lack motivation, as the story does get its teeth into you, much like the zombies that chase you. I used to go a lot but moved to the city and had nowhere interesting to run so lost all interest in doing so, but this has got me going with it again.
Edit: I figure the people of Torn City would find it especially addictive and therefore useful for getting fit, due to the never-ending stat-building I'm still addicted to on here after nearly 8 years!
Does it require a smart phone? As i'm one of those weird teenagers without one.
Pulp [1807254]Does it require a smart phone? As i'm one of those weird teenagers without one.
what kind of teenager are you then[:tired:]
Mentions:
Mendhi [1807254]
Soon to be a non-teenager... scary.
E14-SOLIDER [430960]Pulp [1807254]Does it require a smart phone? As i'm one of those weird teenagers without one.
what kind of teenager are you then[:tired:]
One with sense.
Mentions:
E14-SOLIDER [430960]
· Mendhi [1807254]
lol I had a friend ask how I run as much as I do, and I told her I pretend that zombies are chasing me. The next day she sent me a link to the info for this app xp I don't have a smart phone to use it on either but would consider getting one if this app is all that. Please LMK what you think of it ^.^
Thanks for this. Just sent it to a friend who loves zombies.
say, if it's hard to motivate yourself for getting fit for it's own sake, then the stat building and story will get you going. It's easy to edit it about to do shorter/longer runs too. It also has zombie chases, an optional mode that adds an interval training aspect where you have to sprint away do you don't get eaten!
works well. Is punishing though, especially once where it decided to happen as I came to traffic lights and couldn't do anything except listen to them close in through the earphones.
it has a community aspect to it too, some cool mercy if you get really into it and occasionally famous-ish writers who enjoy it write guest episodes. there's also a shorter 5k version for specific goal training if you have a charity event coming up, or have a zero starting point.
(I don't work for them, honest, I just appreciate how it's got me back into getting fit after about 2 years of lazy-ness. This and an old friend saying 'Didn't you use to have a flat stomach? The beers taking its toll isn't it...')
Oh, you can also view somebody's profile online and if they publicly share their runs, you can find where they live and stalk them if they frequently start and finish at home. A bonus for the perves!
:o This app sounds amazing! Trying to start running again as I burnt my ankle quite badly a few months ago and haven't been able to run on it without tearing up my scar. Which incidentally makes me that much closer to being a zombie potentially... [:
None of the cool apps are on windows phones, gawd dammit.
I've got this same problem. I buy a Windows Phone because it comes with Microsoft Office installed (worth it!), but can't get any decent other apps.