Maybe when you're done wanking him off you can point out that less players = less $$, and that if he wants more $$ (which he does, the greedy lil bugger), he should focus on getting more players and therefore selling more DPs rather than these idiotic subscription rewards. Or you could just wank him off again and carry on thinking about how weirdos like yourself are gonna benefit.
Books in Torn
Started by DarkMaid [1705890] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 82 / 82 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Maybe when you're done wanking him off you can point out that less players = less $$, and that if he wants more $$ (which he does, the greedy lil bugger), he should focus on getting more players and therefore selling more DPs rather than these idiotic subscription rewards. Or you could just wank him off again and carry on thinking about how weirdos like yourself are gonna benefit.
Do you want to join in next time? Subscribe and you can.
[image: memedad.com]Ched Rules...soon
Is there really a need to call him a greedy lil bugger? The greedy lil bugger is in my opinion just a business man trying to make some money.Now correct me if I'm wrong, but for every morning or evening I get to work, I expect to get paid too.
As for the wanking: maybe it's time you did some, you seem so pressured.
As you can tell by my above words, I'm not a wanker, just the ass kisser in the committee :)
He has more than enough money, so yes, he is greedy. But he's not even good at being greedy, as I've explained. If anything I am helping the lousy capitalist. It's like when he made DPs non tradeable, short term greediness that will only lead to less money.
I am correct in my post even if you disagree with my attitude. But hey, after this many years you can't expect me to be polite to these people!
anyone who dont wank daily is a alien just saying
anyway some of the books look op as fck
Torn is a company, the money doesn't go straight in to my pocket. I get paid the same way all the other developers do, I also get paid the same amount regardless of how many donations Torn receives - £5,670 per month pretax. A tidy sum, but perhaps not abnormal for someone working in the software industry in the UK. If Torn ever starts to struggle, I'll reduce it, if Torn does exceptionally well (like it's been doing over the past couple of months) I don't need to increase my take because it's perfectly satisfactory and totally fulfils my needs - it all goes straight back in to Torn.
Money isn't a big driving factor for me, only financial stability - which I'm very lucky to have. I have no interest in bigger houses or fast cars.
New subscriber benefits reward subscribers which we've wanted to do for a long time. It also means more money for Torn (not me) so we can do more things - currently we're having talks about getting a few new developers on board to work on more new projects.
Mmmmmmhmmmmmmmm -raises eyebrows-
But anyway yeah, as I've said a few times now giving a bunch of people the option of hugely OP items won't help torn, not financially, not in terms of gameplay and not the morale of the userbase. Obviously these books aint released yet, but you should be bloody careful cause initial impression of those rewards is that unless its one book every 3 years then they are ridiculous and will give subscribers a far bigger advantage than anyone should have, regardless of how much they pay you.
PS: I wrote you a thread and you still aint wrote me back </3
Simple Option, Subscribe.
Yeah, but what about those appearances in them Panama papers Senor Chedburno?
No money- no honey...
Do you remember that period, when people couldn't purchase DPs with real cash but only donator status?
It reminds me of those
Let's hope he won't fail, again.
Limetree you make it sound like only subs will have access to these books. Everyone will have access to these books! Yes subs will get them sooner but EVERYONE will get these books at some point in the game. So how can it be OP for subs? I'm not gaining anymore of an advantage then you will be.
I like how he says new players should be buying DP's. What's the difference?
LimeTree, all the lime juice in your roots is making you sour.
Put it this way, a lot of people spent a lot more time than you contemplating the pros, cons and consequences of these books being entered into the game. These books at the fastest rate possible will take 7 years to collect, can only be used one at a time, have caps, and everyone will be able to get them whether they put money into the game or not (something Ched was very adament about.)
Lord forbid you put $5/mo into supporting a game that probably supplies 80% of your entertainment for free. Lord forbid those that do donate to the game (keeping it here for eceryone and constantly improving) can get even a slight advantage of potentially getting these things faster than others. Maybe I don't get an OP one for 5 years and you find the most OP one in the city on day 1 of the release... I guess that means I should complain and say you are OP and should be nerfed.
Swear some people have nothing better to do than complain.
torn going full pay2win mode
Again, Ched is adament that this can not happen.
First off I love this game if I didn't I would have been gone when my first account was deleted when Torn crashed 9 years ago. I love the idea of the books and would love to contribute but I won't because I choose to. I have tried really tried to just ignore the hateful players we have here, but it just keeps getting worse than better.
I understand how things gets added to the game, it cost money. Developer, programmers are not cheap. I am 100 percent for funding a game in fact I play 2 other games I donate monthly. I would have 0 hesitation of I got the customer service I have received from other games.
Example I had to call Blizzard and it said it would be up to 24 hours, I got the call within 2 minutes and the GM knew I was a older lady, so he was very patient with me, very respectful and would never treat me like I have been treated here. I received the call within 2 minutes, the young man that helped me knew exactly the issue he reset my game and I was playing my game in minutes. No I am not suggesting a call helpline since we have access to staff 24/7 here.
Years ago I made the choice that I would not open my purse to this game until it changes, and it is sad it still has not. I wonder how many other players that are in my position feels the same way I do.
Nobody is asking for special treatment, I am just asking for respect as a player and a customer and then maybe I would be happy to donate.
I am very frustrated atm how, depending who you are you can literally get away with anything. I got banned for calling someone clueless for 4 days but others are allowed to call me anything they wish and they don't even get a slap on the hand.
If you doubt anything I am saying search STYX in the forums and then look what I post. Staff does not enforce rules on some but are first to slam down the hammer on others. Sorry that is just not good customer service.
I would love the book perks, but I will pass.
Let me save you some time:
..Styx...you're an idiot too... and a dumbass too.... and the biggest troll in Torn... :)
OMG... Styx... you are so full of shit it really astounds me every single time you spout such bollox...
Styx, we don't have to be from JUX to dislike you :O
We can get the entirety of Torn to trash talk you if you'd like?
I agree, weapons should gain experience, once they get enough they can turn into sentient beings and shoot their owner. I say we test it out on Styx since it was his idea.
alright bogie, you've given Styx enough hate here, now you may leave
Only an idiot (cue Styx) would argue that the SSL gym is worth it!
Oh I know it does, hell I have been reported many a time by Styx for calling myself a c**t, I actually got banned once for calling myself a c**t but see I am allowed say it because the only person it affects is me, you and him on the other hand have no right to imply (be it directly or subtly) that I am a c**t because you can bet your arse if I did the same you would go running and crying to staff saying "Booo hooo hooo she called me a c**t and it has fractured my already fragile little ego"
f**king troll baiters because you all make the forums shit with your "I'm innocent" crap...
Styx[420347] - Just because she has a tendency to target people constantly when she posts with her "Holier than thou" attitude (MadameButterfly[1035358], Beerstein [1322136])
And yet, I get banned for calling someone clueless. 3 separate reports for cheating as well, 3 that I know of.
Mentions: 1035358 [1035358] · Beerstein [1322136] · PatBenatar [420347]
...Poor old Styx... I feel for you, I really do... (if you subscribed too, you'd get away with it...;) )
..On topic... Looking forward to all the books being released... most of them sound awesome... especially the crime/busting related books... :D
Respect as a customer?
...but you're not a customer as you wanted to make ever so clear.
What's your point here? In either case it makes no difference if a player subscribes or doesn't... maybe if you posted something that wasn't just a blind rant or responded to something in a manner that wasn't just "OMG U R A H8R" you might get some respect... You seem to think that you are entitled to respect for reasons that are beyond my comprehension...
Perhaps if you didn't spam the reports page for every single thing that someone says negatively about you, even if it's not flaming, staff might be able to wade through the shit a little easier and deal with your reports in a better fashion, for all you know they do deal with the proper ones, it just happens to be a fraction of the amount of reports you do because... well... there are just so many that are completely unworthy of any action.
I very much agree with you
well he can be in denial all he wants, but some of those books are straight up stupid. Not sure how frequently subs will receive books but if it is frequent enough and this was actually voted through committee, it is rather disappointing as this seems like a pretty unhealthy addition to the game.