Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

missing over 400 karma?

Started by Criminal [325119] on in Questions & Answers.

21 replies · 265 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

BadDutchie [1740595] ×1

David [132845]

Same here! I lost about 10-12 karma... No big deal, t's probably just my tiny contribution to the flower thread, but somehow I noticed...

Did flower runners get screwed over?
Jobby [1640111]

I'd say that's it...I was looking at a few people who got a load from the flower thread and they've lost 100's and 100's....maybe it includes the 'Fun and Games' as well...?
..I didn't realise I'd got 200 kama from the flower one though..oh well, easy come easy go I guess
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Yeah, we 'lost' all that Flower thread circle jerk karma....but I wouldn't say i got screwed. More like what never should have been was removed.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I mean we all saw this coming didn't we.. Ok one could argue that the posts were actually usefull to, but the amount of karma skewing it did was abnormaly high..
David [132845]

Last entry in Jamesbond's karma top100: BadDutchie [1740595] was about 1005 or 1006 karma, according to the data there...
But today *drummrrroooolllll* only 9 karma... N-I-N-E! [:hushed:] That's what I'd call a near-reset!

I expect a rage-quit...

Mentions: BadDutchie [1740595]

Philistine [475622]

I suspect most of them didn't care about karma in the first place. It has no rewards, provides you no advantages, it was just Ched trying to encourage people with naught else to do to use the forums in their spare time by giving them a pat on the back.

If Travel Run didn't encourage people to post on the forums I doubt the practice would have started to begin with.

Can you list the actual use for karma? Outside of getting 100 to get a response to a suggestion, there is none. Having a high karma score doesn't mean you post things worth reading all the time, having a low one doesn't mean you aren't an outstanding poster.

Life moves on, if they really care then it just means the forums will lose people who would have maybe read other topics and contributed elsewhere.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

While I agree that a Karma score is basically useless to me...I will say that sometimes I will 'like' a response to a comment or question I posted only so the person who replied can at least see that I was aware of their reply. But that's really trivial to say the least.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Damn Sam!! This reply certainly requires a further post...THANKS! Will be sure to use that to support my xtc habit.
Philistine [475622]

I totally agree, I will also "like" a post that I think is really good, but that is about the extent that I go with karma.

When the forums first moved to the karma scores I decided at that point I would never downvote a post, I didn't want to get involved in the drama that follows the heavy karma involvement. And so far it has worked out pretty well for me.