It's been a rough year, so many influential musicians have died this year already. Hate to see Prince added to this list.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 14
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 28 / 100
- Historical score
- 11 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
It's been a rough year, so many influential musicians have died this year already. Hate to see Prince added to this list.
Pop superstar Prince dies at his Minnesota home
Local dies at 57. This story is really odd. He was flying home Friday and made a emergency stop in Illinois and was treated for the "flu" and then he flies home same night only to play a Mpls venue for his fans that was praying for his recovery. Now he is dead. He had something, not sure when they will release it.
What a shame.
Hands down the best super bowl performance I can remember.
RIP
sad to see him drive his little red corvette up to heaven
My favorite Prince song is sung by Dave Ghrol
Foo Fighters - Darling Nikki
https://youtu.be/zaFgZLASUjE?t=5m6s
I think the best part of that is knowing that Prince didn't like the Foo Fighter's version and blocked its release.
In order to get back at the Foo Fighters, during Prince's Super Bowl performance, Prince broke into a bit of "Best of You". I'm sure the video is out there, but Prince was very particular about what could and couldn't be released or even uploaded to youtube etc etc.
Oh, that link will be down soon. I own the LP but ya, the song is almost impossible to find online and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Prince may be dead but I'm sure his estate will be just, if not more, vigilant.
Purple Rain
By Prince, The Revolution
I never meant 2 cause you any sorrow
I never meant 2 cause you any pain
I only wanted 2 one time see you laughing
I only wanted 2 see you laughing in the purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
I only wanted 2 see you bathing in the purple rain
I never wanted 2 be your weekend lover
I only wanted 2 be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal you from another
It´s such a shame our friendship had 2 end
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
I only wanted 2 see you underneath the purple rain
Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing
It´s time we all reach out 4 something new
That means you 2
you say you want a leader
But you can´t seem 2 make up your mind
I think you better close it
And let me guide you 2 the purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
If you know what I´m singing about up here
C´mon raise your hand
Purple rain Purple rain
I only want 2 see you, only want 2 see you
In the purple rain
*Raises Hand*
;-)
Last night here was unreal, so many at the party at First Ave. All night long street party. He was loved by so many.
http://video.startribune.com/video-thousands-of-fans-sing-purple-rain-in-downtown-minneapolis/376661591/
The entire downtown was purple last night, how fitting the rain just stopped before sundown and there was a beautiful rainbow over his home and studio. The world really lost a good one yesterday morning.
Wow, that's a lot of people.
They closed down 4 square blocks and opened the doors to First Avenue, if you could get in you could stay all night. The party in the streets ended 7am this morning.