Hank Vs Bogie
Started by killahj [1849072] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 103 / 103 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Cool thing that our second experience is more pleasant. :)
The correct answer is:
Champion.
Thank you.
I joined Hank's faction. And in order to be accepted I needed to send him my stats. I did. And less then 10 mins later they were on a thread encouraging players to powerlevel off me. Hank has never helped me. Bogie has helped me with lots of great advice and answers through the forums.
I have had useful questions answered by Bogie quite a few times when I first came back to torn so my vote goes to Bogie.
These days I follow no ones advice I just play the game for myself :P
They both farm information from other players, no?
Prefer Hank though, he doesn't have the same 'my life is meaningless without forum karma' sort of vibe to him that bogie does.
What's the deal with adding your name to the end of your posts? Are the two times it already shows up with each post not enough?
Such a drama queen, you complained about always getting mugged all the time but you were more interested in bounty hunting than training, there was even a point where in your wisdom you hospitalized 10 different level 1 inactive players. So as a way of motivating you to train I added you to my power leveling guide.
So the real kicker to this is despite being added to my Power Levelling guide you didn't leave Relentless, you were kicked about a week later by Kath for being a pain in the ass.
Hank
Says the guy with his name at the bottom of his post!
I sign off emails, letters, forms, etc at work with my name. Its just a habit I stuck with on Torn. It doesn't hurt anyone, so who cares?
Hank
neither of them both are shit. no offense.
what has bogie done? sure he knows everything and spreads the knowledge just for the fun of it, and is a good guy. it's not like others don't know the answers to the questions asked.
what has hank done? good guy as well, made some guides, but players and factions already taught eachother these things. it's not like hank invented leveling targets or DVD training and whatever else. as well torn does a shit job with their tutorials 95% of the new players don't even know the tutorial section exists. Hank would've won my vote IF he put his spamming skills (as we've all received a invite to his faction) on to spamming new players with his guides then he would win the vote.
But, Icebluefire wins it, he's actually done something useful for the game with tornstats which many players and every faction uses. Also he is constantly seeking to expand and do cooler and newer things with it and will take the time to try to fix any problems you're having with it. props to iceblue.
I like both & both have helped me when I've had a question to ask.
Lime is off in his perception of Bogie's karma envy. & who can blame Hank for taking a poke at Crazy white girl.
& just for the lol
-T-
You seem sour Mug, what did I do to piss you off?
Actually you will find 50% of those power leveling targets were identified by me. I've paid for 100's of stat spies trying to keep those guides updated and add new targets. Then you talk about DVD training as if all I'm telling people about is a method (which is what I was provided with as a noob), which is far from the truth. I have received over a 1000 pieces of training data from faction members and general public and used these numbers to calculate the best training methods for each stat range. If it wasn't for my training guide which examines the symbiosis relationship not only between happy & energy but also a players occupation then the battle stats development of new players today wouldn't be as quick and the older players would be still regurgitating that stacking is bad for battle stats.
You only need to view the graph of Erotic DVD's since January 2015 when Hank's Training Guide for Druggies was released to see the effect of this guide on new players in Torn, through a spike in demand and price over a relatively short period of time.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
Hank
Mentions: Please grave
I would say both of these guys provide a ton of information for the greater good of torn.
While some things may be more common knowledge than others by this point, it doesn't degrade the fact that they both have willingly given their mental aptitude to make torn a more informed place.
PS Icey's site rules!
nothing, i just don't see anything special about either and as i said, no offense to either i do reference bogie for all my questions just because it's quicker than posting in QA forums and reference your guides so that i dont have to type them for the 10000th time. without bogie people would still answer questions, and without you people would still advise others on how to level/train. nothing against either of you.
but i don't think either of you contribute as much to the game as some like icey and those that made the IRC bots and other useful scripts, the creator of travelrun, and back in the day tcbasics when it was widely used before the wiki was made.
As well i do think the tutorial section is a joke now, clusterf**k of shitty guides, i bet i can find one on how to TP a players house in there. Personally i think it should be limited to who can write/submit them, with you being one of the ones allowed to write them if that helps you at all to understand im not hating on you :P I just don't think many players even find your guide without other players linking it to them. due to a i'd imagine pretty shitty starting tutorial new players have not teaching them shit, and a clusterf**k in that forum section that could teach them.
he lied he f**king hates you
Hank has less letters in his name than Bogie.
Sorry Hank.
voted Bogie
Find both ok. Didn't vote cause i doubt either would care.