Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Big Spender thread

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in General Discussion.

49 replies · 1.21k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 50 / 50 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
50
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Wollongong [12833]

I was curious (well, I am, actually): how do you guys gain and spend your money?
How much do you gain per day, and where does it come from? And how do you spend it?

I make about 9M a day from salary and travel, and about 4M a day from interest, giving me about 13M a day to play with. Much of this money goes directly into my faction (about half, I reckon), the rest is for points and drugs. Well...and Lesley is taking his cut nowadays, of course :D

At the end of the month, if I have any left, I chuck it to the Caymans.
Dr_Syk [109543]

I don't really belong in the big spender thread, but I'll give the poor man's perspective:

My salary (1.5 mill) is spent on Lesley and upkeep. The negligible money I get from crimes is spent buying flowers for my faction. Other than that I generally get 2-3 mill a day from picking up bounties and I use that to decrease my loan with the loan shark.

Every time my bank is finished, I max out the loan again and throw all my money back in the bank for another 2 months.
Nukem [1063346]

I dont really make money per day. Put money in the bank so I get 60m every 2 weeks (or 500m~ every 2 months with 3b in the bank from oil rig special). Putting 2b in the bank for 2 weeks covers points and xanax with the returns and a little bit more so it's self sustaining really.

I also have days where I just mug. So I can earn 20m on a bad day, 100m+ on a good day. Then I use the days in between these money making days to train / spend / gamble etc. And repeat.



boo [1544641]

My minimum daily outgoings are:
4x fhc
3x xanax
1x refill

= (with rehab) approx. $60m

My main income source is the stock market
RonBurgundy [71545]

How I get it:

Running/flipping companies, stock trading + bonus blocks, flower/plushie/temp/drug running, mugging, bounties, city finds (search it every hour, if you're poor since Respo you're just not clicking enough), extortion, gambling, bank interest and a very small amount of trading and a once off was an inheritance.

How I spend it:

Running/flipping companies, stock blocks, rehab, drugs, boosters, points, donator packs, getting mugged and $10m spins/blackjack hands ...

So I'm making and spending about $20m+ a day at the moment and have lowered my spending significantly. Also, company upgrades hurt like a bitch.
SeaLion [250755]

I gain my money in your typical fashion. Trading, travelling, salary, bounties, revives, etc. Usually clear 10-15 mil a day.

I like to spend it in the bookies. :P
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I try to average 40m from my company each day and 50-100m on stocks. I don't spend it, it just goes on the pile...
Titan [227473]

I save up and then spend in big chunks before training breaks.

this one consisted of
100 FHC
4k points
200 Xanax (to start)
2 SE

will see if I need more of anything...
jsinn [1989604]

I just realized I got a long ways to go. My goal right now is get enough money to buy points for daily refill, spin all 3 wheels, and pay my daily upkeep which I believe is like 198k and some days I dont get all 3 things. I can see I have my work cut out for me to catch up to all the big dogs in Torn. But the only good thing is I do really enjoy the game so hopefully it will be around long enough for me to get up there.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I earn my money from all sources I can find.. I often don't earn enough to keep up daily but I'll also often make a lot more money than I actually spend from things like stocks.

I spend about 25m / day, that includes cans, xanax, refills, rehab etc.
Stylin [1474127]

my incomes are from the stock market and the bank. stock being the main source of income.

i dont make my profits daily.. varies a lot on the amount of time a stock investment can take to sell and make profit on.

last investment was around 2 weeks and it made me ~4.5bn.

bank is 300m+ every 2 months.

outgoings daily

company wages
spin the wheel bets
xanax

i spend very little in comparison with what i earn.








CashewNut [1986319]

I earn daily varying from -1.5m(The Leslie) to 50m a day(From trading and gambling). I don't spend much atm. Only outgoings are DP, refill and rental costs of PI. Cannot flower run yet.
Wolverine [1971836]

daily energy refill, daily nerve refill, wheel spin, PI upkeep, beer and lsd.

I put everything else in the bank.

All my money come from flower/plushie runs.
Queequeg [1602158]

I make probably 20 million and 5 dollars a day, and spend about 20 million a day on drugs and rehab for me and my torn wife.
DonCorleone [90431]

Everything I make each day goes into my training at the moment and I make extra profit when I invest in shares.

In saying that, I have noticed a very few select individuals (won't name them) making over 100b in the last month which I don't know how it's possible but will most likely get fobbed off if questions are asked.

-Don