(I love how it automatically has in the message post "excuse my ignorance. :P")
So when I get mugged by somebody, it never tells me who did it. Is that like because they one-shot me, or what? Does it always do that?
Thanks!
~Fencer
It's because someone would have stealth attacked you. It's their dex vs. your dex with a combination of job perks as well that determine if the attack is stealthed.
....................
Yes, there is. But he asked why it's happening now, not in a few months/year down the line :P
..................
Dexterity and job are currently a factor in your ability to stealth.
Okay, so basically I have to ump up my dexterity to make sure they can't stealth attack me?
It's getting kind of annoying... They're robbing me almost two or three times daily, and I've lost well over a million dollars at this point. I put most of my money in the stock market to "keep it safe."
Oh well, I guess I went this far without any major trouble. Welcome to Torn. :P
Then you need to learn how to store your money. If you keep large money on hand, people will mug you. But if you store your money, then muggers will not get significant money and they will stop mugging you.
Yes, that's correct.
You could also "store" your money in bookies in Casino but you will need to edit your bet down to 0 before the bet closes just in case the team you choose to store your money on loses.
I'd suggest reading:
Ways to Protect Cash,
Nash's Guide to Mug Protection, and
Who is "Someone"? A beginner's Guide
Also many more guides in that section of the forums on many other topics. Make sure you read through the comments as well, since often times other players add valuable info to the original posts.
Mentions:
Grave Please · Ways to Protect Cash · Who is "Someone"? A Beginner's Guide