Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Question about damage!

Started by Skaired [1921081] on in Questions & Answers.

17 replies · 217 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
21
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Cursed [1901987] ×1

Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

All this means is his defense is atleast 14x higher than yours, so I'd say or you have a low strength, or you're fighting a defense whore.. [:tongue:]
mug [553318] Committee Committee

basically to dumb it down.
if you're hiting for 0 your strengths not high enough to damage them because their defense is much higher than yours.
if your missing your speed is too low compared to their dexterity.

strength increases how hard you hit for
speed increases your chance to hit
dexterity increases your chance to dodge attacks (counters enemies speed)
defense reduces the damage you take (counters enemies strength)
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Nope, it is 14x, tested it not a week ago.. [:tongue:]

Had a mission target which had 13.5x my strength in defense. But I was on xanax, making my effective strength 15 times less than their defense, I'd hit 0. Afterwards I'd wait for my xanax to wear off, hit them (with the 13.5x less strength) and I was able to hit them.

edit: grammar
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

nah, I rather wait a minute to take my next xanax than lose on a potential 250 energy.. [:wink:]
Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee Committee

Shall we stay on topic here?

I think all the info you needed has been provided above, Harley and mug have perfectly explained it. Hope all that has helped
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Your question has already been answered, but I wanted to follow up on that "better geared" part at the end.

Better weapons and better armor do help, but they aren't nearly as important as your combat stats.


dunmugmeh [538353]

Yes thats what the shiny new numbers next to our weapons and armour are for :P
I have actually spent a LOT of play money on upgrading my armour :P Probably between $100-200 million.
Cursed [1901987]

i think when you mentioned your battle stats ranking in the other thread, that that may not have been the whole truth lol
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

But if you handed your weapons and armor to a newbie with low combat stats, and let that newbie use them to attack you while you had no weapons/armor at all, you would still win, easily. It's unlikely the newbie could hit you, much less do any damage, and you would probably win the fight with one hit.

All because the combat stats matter a lot more than the weapons and armor.

The weapons and armor help. You won't normally be fighting newbies, you'll be fighting others who, like you, have spent time raising their combat stats. Better items certainly help when your stats are reasonably close. But they don't make a newbie into a fighting machine.

He mentioned "I'm better geared" than the other guy, so I wanted to make sure he understood that his stats matter more than his equipment.