Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Shakespeare

Started by DuckDuckMoose [1983811] on in Art & Literature.

3 replies · 18 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
10 / 100
Story score
19 / 100
Engagement score
31 / 100
DuckDuckMoose [1983811]

What do you think of William Shakespeare? Any favorite plays or sonnets? Is the conspiracy about him not actually being the author of his attributed works, actually credible?
Volta [1869641]

Whether William Shakespeare is a pen name, or stolen from another author etc, it is hard to deny the vast influence his writing has had on the western world and to some extent the rest of the world. I understand that there are extremely influential writers in every culture, with this being understood I'll continue.

Shakespeare is in almost everything - movies, people's life philosophies, art, music, poetry and his works even influenced Karl Marx's economic thoughts on alienation and capitalism, also influenced Freud and countless others that have shaped western culture. His work with time (meters) is truly genius, I would even go so far to say Shakespeare is the Da Vinci of literature.

My favorites are: Hamlet (honestly this is a master piece), Tempest, and Taming of the Shrew (not sure if this was the first time the 4th wall was broken, probably not, but this work sure highlighted it). I like others, but the ones I listed are my favorties.
JSnows [14906]

I have a hard time picking a favourite because i like everything i've tried but i haven't tried everything ... it may seem cheesy but Romeo and Juliet is up there, Hamlet of course, Taming of the Shrew is a ton of fun , as is A midsummer night's dream, and then there's the twisted humour of The merchant of Venice ... i don't know, i keep thinking i'm forgetting something and i probably am
Pinkie [1886343]

Personally my favourite is King Lear. Probably because I'm current;y studying it and can quote it six ways to sunday.