Anyone like The Flash? :D
The flash
Started by Dre201pp [1863204] on in TV & Movies.
About this thread
Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 27
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 29 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Twisted_Reality [134076]
· 3 likes ·
The Flash is one of my favorite characters but the show itself is pretty decent considering how bad it could easily be. Its easily better then Legends of Tomorrow where every episode seems to be them failing hard and haven't … - Narcotik_King [1811741]
· 3 likes ·
I like it, but I like Arrow better. The has a better comic relief with Cisco as opposed to... whoever is supposed to be the comic relief of Arrow(does anyone know?). On the other hand, I feel like The Flash … - Twisted_Reality [134076]
· 3 likes ·
Eh I am not a big fan of Wally so far I don't think they have shown enough of his character to establish him or develop his character at all. I just feel like he is to forced in the …
Anyone like The Flash? :D
It's a great show. I am having a hard time catching up though.. I will this week hopefully.
I have seen a few episodes I liked the first one with the Trickster I wanted to see the second one. It is okay but I do not feel like I am missing out not being caught up with it.
I'd be the same if it wern't for the continuity with a couple other shows.
Yeah I have not watched the green Arrow and I fell behind on the Legends of Tomorrow show.
Its better than arrow but its not really that good. They're both guilty of overtly dramaticizing unnecessary story elements in their "B plot" that causes awkward situations or blatant contradictions in the episodic element of the story with their story arcs.
The biggest transgression was in Arrow where he quote's "you have no idea how powerful the truth can be." When the whole arc was about lying and keeping secrets and living with those consequences.
That's just shitty story telling, no two ways around it.
Flash isnt that bad about it and their characters all mesh very well. Arrow tries to have serious elements to dark tones and contrast it with quarky characters and improvisational circumstances, but it doesnt work. In Flash, all the characters are entertaingly stupid in some fashion which does help meld the serious elements.
Granted, thats just Season 1 of Flash compared to seasons 2&3 of Arrow I've seen on Netflix. Idk anything about the new seasons.
The Flash is one of my favorite characters but the show itself is pretty decent considering how bad it could easily be. Its easily better then Legends of Tomorrow where every episode seems to be them failing hard and haven't seen to many episodes of The Arrow to really give judgement. I do have to say if it wasn't for Cisco The Flash wouldn't be nearly as good I also think that Harrison Wells playing Zoom is fantastic, suits him much better then playing the Earth 2 scientist/overbearing father.
Dude... :( I'm kidding I don't treally care avbouit the potnetial spoiler, but Man that soundfs awesome.
I like it, but I like Arrow better. The has a better comic relief with Cisco as opposed to... whoever is supposed to be the comic relief of Arrow(does anyone know?). On the other hand, I feel like The Flash is a little more, say, "childish" for a lack of a better word than Arrow, which is actually true to the comics as well IMHO - always felt that Green Arrow was a bit of a murkier, darker comic than The Flash.
I haven't actually seen a single episode of Legends Of Tomorrow, so can't really compare it to that. I will say this though, the concept and character mashup seems a bit over the top, which is why I, in all my prejudice, still haven't given 'em a chance. :P
Arrow has lost it since the start of the new series, poor acting, boring storyline and lame action scenes. Flash > Arrow.
I like it. Especially now that Wally is going to be the next flash considering what happened in the last episode.
*SPOILERS* If you haven't watched it yet.
Barry disappeared into the speedforce.
Eh I am not a big fan of Wally so far I don't think they have shown enough of his character to establish him or develop his character at all. I just feel like he is to forced in the show. Don't forget about Jesse, in the comics Jesse Quick is a speedster just like Wally West is though her speed comes from the saying the speed formula instead of some accident.
I like the comic and the animated show Wally better. This one's kinda too 'new-agey'. Doesn't capture the essence of Wally West. I'm actually waiting for Max Mercury, Kid Flash (Bart Allen). Mercury is the expert of speed force. He even trained Barry in it's uses.
Yes! I finally finished season 2 - I was a bit behind. But I thought it was pretty good!
Also, Tom Cavanagh (playing Harrison Wells) is a great actor. I have a good chuckle every time he runs his sentences together and throws punctuation to the wind.
I'd love to see more episodes devoted to exploring the dynamics between the rogues. They're a really interesting set of characters but no matter how well they're played, and they are by my reckoning, they're a little wasted if you don't flesh out how they operate with each other and their rules. Cold alludes to the rules but never really lays them out and there are several instances when they start out where they outright try to kill the Flash, which I guess you can chalk up to them being new to the game, but they could knock out some real character development if they gave us an episode that was basically the funny, lighthearted day-to-day of the rogues. They already do filler episodes with the rogues, I just think that if filler isn't going to be important to plot than it could at least be important to character.
Have you watched Dc's Legends Of Tomorrow? It deals with Captain Cold and Mick.
I haven't. I like Cold and Heatwave but I can't look past how much I dislike the tv versions of White Canary, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and Atom. I used to, but I think now it's time to just admit that I don't like Arrow because no one is who they should be and it's so weird. Green Arrow is Batman. He is Batman so hard that I really wish they just would have made a live action Batman show instead. Dinah Lance, I am not going to call her Laurel because I still don't understand why they do, is so miscast. Her and Stephen Amell have no chemistry and I dislike her as Black Canary. White Canary is alright but it reminds me how badly executed Black Canary was and it's made no better by that Loitz and Amell have great chemistry together. Hawkgirl is cool, Hawkman is kind of a boring character and is super creepy in how he insists that it's destiny that he and Hawkgirl be together. Atom was supposed to be Blue Beetle but DC wouldn't let them use Ted Kord and if you didn't know that already, that character and his suit of armor and how he later got shrinking powers shoehorned into his awesome blue armor should suddenly make all the sense in the world. I don't trust DC much anymore because they make the most baffling decisions when it comes to their media. Flash is one of the few bastions that really works and it's bright and it's colorful and the character's have personality and there's humor and I just really want them to take the right message from that and stop screwing up my favorite superheroes
Sorry there's a little resentment there lol. I just think they need to stop trying to make all of their properties into dark and edgy and Nolan-esque. If you read the New 52 Flash comics, they are also painfully bleak and it kills me. I really hope Rebirth fixes it.
I'm a sucker for television superhero dramas (Smallville was a staple of my teenage years), so I kept up with the first season while it was airing. After that, I kind of forgot about it. It's not bad, but it gets a little too cheesy at times. I should watch some of the second season before I write it off completely, though
I wish Arrow hadn't gone to shit. The first season was so damn solid, and the second season kept it rolling, but it went downhill after that. I binge-watched the entire first season in a few days, and kept up with the second and third as they aired, but I can't bring myself to commit to sitting through season four. I watched the first episode, got bored as hell, and forgot about it for a while. Then I figured I'd give it another go, and watched the second episode. Got bored as hell, said "screw it"
Gotham catches a lot of hate, but it's my favorite of the three. I understand why everyone hates it (waaaaaay too much artistic license and deviation from canon), but I think their "alternative" approach to the Batman world is somewhat refreshing. And... come on... B.D. Wong as Hugo Strange? Incredible experience.
I can't wait for season three, and which villain they're finally bringing in. He's not really gotten his time in the limelight yet, as he's often overshadowed by the Joker, the Riddler, etc. Frankly, it's quite maddening how long he's had to wait to throw his hat in the ring.
I agree with so much of this.
1. "Green Arrow is Batman. He is Batman so hard [...]"
Yup. I've not read any of the Green Arrow comics, nor have I seen... well... pretty much anything Green Arrow related (aside from his cameo on Smallville), but Stephen Amell's portrayal of him seems way too... Batman. I was able to overlook it and still enjoy the first few seasons, but it's too much now. He's too serious, too moralistic, and waaaaay too naggy.
2. "Laurel Lance"
I'm going to stop you right there. Again, I don't know anything about canon Green Arrow, but I hope to god Laurel Lance is something cooked up for the show. She is just so goddamn annoying, in every way. And, like you said, there is absolutely no chemistry between her and Oliver. She's just always running her mouth about things she doesn't understand, and acting like she's hard as stone. During the episode where Helena (The Huntress) takes people hostage, she tells Laurel "Once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out". That's a decent line, just the right amount of edgy/angsty poignancy, and something that you'd expect to hear a humanized villain say.
And then towards the end of the episode, Laurel turns around and says it to someone else. I wanted to slap her.
3. "Hawkgirl and Hawkman"
Are they introduced in season four? I don't think I've seen them yet.