25 replies · 452 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
1929074[1929074]
· 13 likes · Give the player a chance to confirm their decision.....seeing as we are humans after all and errors on our part could occur.
HandsomePants[1897243]
· 11 likes · If you're zoomed all the way out and click right on the map marker, it takes you directly there. The confirmation comes up when you're zoomed in at least once and click anywhere in the 'block', I assume that's to …
Atticus[1669615]
· 1 likes · It is said that items will not appear on city if you use Quick Links. Maybe that's one of the reason?
Why do we need confermation pop ups when in the city? If I didn't want to travel I doubt I would have clicked the travel agency. Seems to me this is just a waste of time on both the user and developers end.
My favorite is when you change your race car. It asks you once when you decide you want to change cars, then again when you try to change your car. That is two confirmations for one action, which is to change your car. Maybe it was just easier to code or something.
Also if there was no confirmation, I would imagine many people would complain out of frustration. However, less people complain WITH the confirmation screens, which makes this feature more than worth while on the developers end.
Plentiful in favor of feature = No complaining = Worth while for both the developer and the community of Torn
Minority in favor = Many complains = Not worth while for the developer and the community of Torn.
Also you seem like the type of person who would bitch about anything, due to your ignorance to see the reasoning behind things.
I see no major problem that could occur from clicking the wrong link in the city. This update is a waste of time for users adding a uneeded verification process that protects against nothing. A total waste of time and effort. Not to mention the effect that it could have on warring factions. Anything that adds time to the escaping proccess is a bad thing. :/
If you're zoomed all the way out and click right on the map marker, it takes you directly there. The confirmation comes up when you're zoomed in at least once and click anywhere in the 'block', I assume that's to mesh with Territories and the way the Map works when zoomed in there.
That looks like such a cool and fun way to navigate the city. Makes me wish I was playing from a real computer instead of my phone (with a cracked screen).
The best reason is because people would hide the direct flight links in shortlinks to get you on the slow plane to SA. I saw a few people get done by this and wasted 10hrs+ by clicking the wrong link in irc. Funny to watch though :)
I believe this to be a lie, I use the quick links all the time an just found a skateboard 3 days ago. It is probably told by the same group of ppl that lie about honors/merits for VIP, Gym gains for holding a useless coin set. Be wary who you trust.
The old system you had to go thru the city to find items...I didnt look at your age or know how long youve been playing but going off you saying its a "Lie" is False because at one time that was the only way.