Explain it to me like I'm 5.
I understand the point of it is to calculate your overall worth. But what is taken into account? Rented properties, or just owned properties? Items? Actual cash? Points (from donator status)?
Currently, I've got like 1.6m. I don't own any properties. Yet my networth is 5m. I don't even understand how. I've never even had more than 2m. I don't own very many items.
Networth is the value of everything that you own. Including debt, properties, items, cash etc. Not including rented properties. If you're interested in knowing exactly where your networth lies, sign up to tornstats.com and enter your API key. The networth tab will break it down for you in a nice pie chart.
Ah, I see. Okay. Thanks for the site! I'll check it out. I am a bit frustrated with how hidden some of the things are calculated (such as level, etc). But I realize that's part of Torn's charm. I've only been playing for about two weeks now. So, my knowledge is a bit limited.
You'll learn to love it! Welcome to the game :)
I am already an addict lmao. This game is really awesome.
Okay, another dumb question, how do I get my API key?
No such thing! Go to settings (the little cog next to the lock button at the top right of your screen) > then the 'API Key' tab.
Found it!
Annnnd now I know why my networth is so high -- because I never sold or used the points that came with my subscription. Okay, that makes a lot of sense to me now. If points are calculated in your networth.. yeah. xD Thank you for the help. :)