Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

torn application

Started by nenachula [94743] on in General Discussion.

14 replies · 220 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

du48gune [1923290]

Staff have no time to develop?
Even if they did, that app is available on either Android or iOS
(there's already one for OS X and Windows called CityWatch)
They could rope in some other players to help.
But they're too busy with fixing bugs, etc.

What are you trying to imply?
Mobile version of CityWatch?
MadMaxx [1317974]

- Oh, the android application is coming along. I've tested the second iteration - while full of bugs it shows a lot of potential. I can see it becoming an incredibly useful tool for every-day Torners.



Thanks.

Last edited by Chedburnon 15:58:21 - 26/05/16
ChillySpunc [1905415]

A game as popular as this? You do realise that in the World Wide Web 17,000 daily users is minuscule.

Don't get me wrong Torn is huge, but only for its player base. The whole "worlds largest text based multiplayer" is just marketing.

And I am assuming you mean an app version of the game, and as Ched has said in the past that will never happen, the cost is just too immense.
flufffy [494285]

Right, it will look and feel like one though?

"The Torn application will sit on your home screen, by tapping it, you'll instantly be logged in to Torn on the built-in browser optimised for the site. In a settings menu, you'll be able to set notifications (using our new API system) for messages / events / energy / destination arrivals e.t.c. just like our City Watch desktop application."
ChillySpunc [1905415]

It will probably have a unique look but I doubt it will be that much different to the site, as it says it's only real purpose is to optimise the site and provide the mobile generation with quick and easy access to the game.

Personally I do not understand the point, it only takes me a few seconds, well about 20 now I use an alpha-numerical code to unlock my iPad to get onto Torn and then another minute or so to log in and train and do crimes.

I do hope the app does have some unique functionality, maybe something cool to do while travelling that way I can take a dump and not just scroll through the forums.

Edit: I may have been a little confused to begin with, if you mean "look and feel like one" yes, it will be downloadable and have its own pretty little icon and hopefully updated more than City Watch.
Knife_Nut [1955536]

I guess, since Ched has stated that the app will be just a glorified browser, the look will probably be very similar to mobile version of torn.com.

While you are correct that it only takes a few seconds to log in to torn through a browser, i think the real benefit of such an app would be receiving city watch style notifications on your mobile as your pc may be off sometimes or you might be travelling irl.