Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Overdose rate

Started by ColdCelery [1994522] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 540 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

ColdCelery [1994522]

I read somewhere that the overdose rate is around 3%, but with 5 drugs taken total 2 of mine have been overdose and my sister only took one and she overdosed. Are we doing something wrong? just bad luck? or am I wrong about the %?

[image: puu.sh]
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Honestly it's probably just bad luck.. Although the percentage depends on what drugs you take, it should be roughly 3% for xanax. and that seems to be your main drug (aside from xtc).

Just keep taking them and hope you'll get more lucky eventually! my shortest streak without an OD was 0 minutes (od'd on 2 xanax in a row), my longest streak was like 150 xanax without an OD so yeah.. [:tongue:]
999FEDTL [1990064]

Ive used about 30 - 40 Xanax (can't say exact amount as Im travelling), and I have never OD'ed on it and neither have I OD'ed on any other drugs.

I use my Flower Shop JB's frequently (approx.35 JB clears 1 Xan) and rehab good.

So in ur case , its pure bad luck :)
du48gune [1923290]

Like what -TL- said, it's based entirely on luck.
The better the benefits of the drug, the worse the overdosing effects of that drug.

And also, keep in mind that you can also gain drug addiction which:
  • Reduces your fighting stats by a percentage.
  • At 7%, you can be kicked out of your education course.
  • Decreases your effectiveness in a company unless you're the director of it.
Correct any of these information above, if I'm wrong.


Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

It will eventually balance out the % of ODs to none ODs. Ecstasy in my experience will give you a higher chance of an OD.

During a faction xanax competition they even set up a prize for who had most ODs during it. A lot of people got zero ODs and some took 90+ easily. Others like myself got 4 or 5 and think i scored about 50 or 60.

I like to think all my ODs now are ones in the future I wont have to worry about.
Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee Committee

Once you start OD'ING going to rehab getting back and taking another xan and OD'ING on that one, you'll start getting annoyed :P
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Like other said, it's just bad luck.

When I first started using drugs, I OD'd on the first drug I took, and I continued for awhile to OD. My OD rate was over 25% for awhile. Some friends worked very hard to convince me to continue using drugs, and I'm glad they did.

So now, about two years later, I've done over 1800 drugs along the way and my OD % is 2.4%. And my stats are much, much higher than they would have been without the drug use.


mug [553318] Committee Committee

overdose % relies on the drug you take it's not a 3% chance to OD on all drugs, as well as luck some players have 1000's of xanax taken with 2% OD rate others with 6-7%. XTC has a much higher OD rate than xanax also. Don't quote me on it but i think it has the highest OD rate % out of all drugs.
Hank [1732212]

Ecstasy has an OD rate around 5%, this was based on a sample size of 350 consumed by a range of new players (Post RESPO) 12 months ago. Xanax is around 2.5-3%.

Its just bad luck, keep taking drugs and the percentage rates will balance out.

Hank