Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nirvana

Started by Gerald_Gardner [1933768] on in Music.

23 replies · 83 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

dunmugmeh [538353]

There was a lot of good american rock bands then in the early 1990s.

What a sad state american music is in now and has been for the past 15 years at least. I blame Beyonce and Eminem :P
-Aero- [1966363]

I've come to like and appreciate SLTS more as I got older than I did as a kid oddly enough. All Apologies was the first Nirvana song I really remember hearing. Then I got In Utero as soon as I could and just got so drawn into the band. I loved Bleach and Incesticide right away and enjoyed Nevermind an awful lot as well.

I seeked out all their "rarerities" and everything as best I could. Nowadays you do some searching on YouTube and you can find yourself some nice unreleased material still from Nirvana/Kurt Cobain. I suppose most of it is out on some official recording now, but there are still some you can find that aren't.

The song "Horrified" and the songs off the Fecal Matter demo tape come to mind. The live performance of "Nobody Knows I'm New Wave" is a treat too.
dunmugmeh [538353]

Thats what makes Youtube great. All the live performances of the songs you like! Not all bands are great live, but some are better than they are on their official recordings. Im a massive David Bowie fan and his live performances where usually better than his album recordings.
-Aero- [1966363]

I have a few Bowie albums I like a lot, but I haven't actually viewed his live performances (yet). I think I've actually enjoyed his album recordings so much that I just never thought to check out his live performances. I'll have to do check some out.

Neil Young's live performances are always excellent in my opinion. He's another that I'm a big fan of. The Who also comes to mind when I think of great live performers.
dunmugmeh [538353]

You see how truly great bowie was in his live performances. You can see he rehearsed a lot with his band all the way from the 70s to the early 2000s when he retired.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

I've seen Bowie and Neil Young live....both unforgettable.

If you are a Who fan...then I highly recommend his autobio Who I Am. Great read.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

so hard to choose, ones mentioned above come as you are, lithium, smells like teen spirit...just stick on the muddy banks album.

Then there is the unplugged in new york album.

Still cannot decide which album or which song is my favourite but lets say its any one of the three mentioned if pushed for an answer.