do any of you out there suffer from or know someone who suffers from any kind of mental illness? i myself have a bipolar disorder. the reason i started this thread is: i need some advice on how to cope with my illness (besides going to the psychyatrist and taking prescription meds which doesn't work). actually i think i needed to talk to someone who knows what it feels like.
mental illness
Started by jonnypsycho [803002] on in Health & Fitness.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 10
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Remilia [1284087]
· 3 likes ·
A bunch of people have commented on "Torn isn't the place to discuss this" or "Get professional help". Have you lot saying this considered that the internet is perhaps the best place for many people to get help with issues …
do any of you out there suffer from or know someone who suffers from any kind of mental illness? i myself have a bipolar disorder. the reason i started this thread is: i need some advice on how to cope with my illness (besides going to the psychyatrist and taking prescription meds which doesn't work). actually i think i needed to talk to someone who knows what it feels like.
Moving to Non Related
Modern society paradigm, if in doubt, google it.
I know three people who are bipolar, all very very different to each other. I hope you find an answer that works for you. My experience has shown me how difficult it is for all parties to live with sufferers of bad episodes.
Probably heard this before but I really think you're better seeking professional help.
.
I know of someone, I guess.
But I don't think torn is really the place to talk to someone about it, nor anyone really. Well, good luck finding someone to talk to about anything.
Not really sure on who to talk to or where to go about anything like this, but I guess finding similar suffers somewhere or as said already professionals?
Don't know, but good luck.
No idea why I posted too.
A bunch of people have commented on "Torn isn't the place to discuss this" or "Get professional help".
Have you lot saying this considered that the internet is perhaps the best place for many people to get help with issues they would either be uncomfortable discussing or even acknowledging without the semi-anonymity provided by the internet? Nobody really knows who we are here, so we are all protected from the social stigma of discussing mental illness..or at least that's how it's supposed to be. Instead people asking real questions here, about real issues receive the same "It's taboo" response that many places inadvertently encourage? That's wrong to allow in my opinion.
I can't tell you what it feels like, OP. I can't tell you how to live with whatever your dealing with but I can at least lend you my ear and listen without telling you to take it elsewhere like others are suggesting you do. Open a chat if you ever wanna just chat.
Same. Send me a message whenever you want.
Regards,
Lask.
I believe forums where you can find similar sufferers would be best (I meant that when I said somewhere with similar suffers)
It's online and anonymous and others will be able to relate (like you said - but on a larger scale than torn forums and where you won't find as many nasties)
i dated a chick who was bi-polar, on meds she was alright, off her meds... crazy is an understatement. Tough to deal with because off meds, depression usually settles in too.
EDIT: advice is stay on the meds they give you... don't go off them, if there's crazy side effects - try whatever works for you - maybe it will take a cocktail of things. Try to keep your life positive... if certain people in your life cause you unnecessary drama - cut them out of your life. You already dealing with your own issues - you need people who support you, not pull you down. Positive energy - i can say my ex is doing much better than when i was with her... was a long time ago though - i was younger, less patient, wasn't suited/mature enough to handle that kind of personality at the time.
Science 's moving so fast... People with mental health problems can see huge improvements and live normally.
Of course it takes efforts and time, stick to your medical treatment and do not stop working with your psychologist/psychiatrist.
You can always attend groups (group therapy) -ask your doctor about it! It's what you seem to need at the moment!
Side effects of meds are no longer an excuse as they have decreased significantly nowadays...
As far as the ''cope with'' part is concerned if you have a supportive environment and a good doctor it WILL work.
Many people like Remilia can be supportive and hear you, but the forums in a game can make things worse and there are a lot of risks.
Leave it to the experts and try the group therapy! Share your thoughts, worries and concerns directly with those who can feel what you do feel with the guidance of someone who really knows.
Not some random people leaving comments without knowing what the consequences might be.
I'm a health care professional- no intention of insulting anyone.