Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Applying for Job (Null Pointer Exception)

Started by Nah [3978] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 51 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
Nah [3978]

Yes. I had applied to Naughty Oil. It's green it was sent. I was able to go to settings -> management -> cancel to cancel the application.

When the application was pending, I was NOT able to apply to other companies. It kept saying I had to cancel it so I did and then applied for a new company.

If it helps, I'm using Chrome Version 51.0.2704.79 (64-bit) on OSX El Capitan 10.11.5 with AdblockPlus being the only extension.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

I cann't repeat this bug to me. Let's clarify a sequence of steps for repeating it.
1) Apply to some company.
2) Remove application through the settings->managment tab
3) Aplly to another company (oil)
4) Get 'null' message
Am I correct?
Nah [3978]

Apply to company.
Get npe instead of "you've successfully applied" or whatever message it is supposed to show. It only happened ONCE. Since then I have applied to multiple companies and it doesn't show null. I guess it's a rare occasion. Just thought I'd report it just in case. Since I reported it, I haven't been able to reproduce it.

If it happens again, I'll print all the JavaScript variables in console and copy the HTML.