Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sooo much crap

Started by APOLLO [862724] on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 470 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

APOLLO [862724]

far out man,

i know that compared to a helluva lot of peeps in Torn; I don't really have a lot of crap in my items but the time came today where I had to do something about the hoarding of crap.

I prolly should take Jstizzys advice and put it all in my bazaar but for now the easy option was just to transfer it over to my display case.

I thought to just leave essential items in my items but there is still soooo much crap. You have to hoard so much crap to play this game.

What or how much are you hoarding?


Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Firewalk virusses! In the hopes they ever become usefull again. I also try to obtain one of each affordable weapon, as good as possible.
du48gune [1923290]

That's why you're buying cigars for your collection? (read his forum signature)

Well, I do hoard hundreds of bottles of beer and thousands of candy bought from Torn's shops and item market (when I can't buy more than 100 items daily from Torn's shops)
APOLLO [862724]

Yeah, I collect cigars. I have about 126000 and they don't take up much space. Always kept them in my display case though.



Althea [1886602]

The easter eggs and fruitcakes are on my last nerve at the moment. Hard to keep from eating a Gold Egg by mistake if you playing from mobile.

Edit: And to look for beer at Bits N Bobs you have to scroll past sooo much crap just to see if they in stock.
dunmugmeh [538353]

I have a bit of stuff but im slowly letting it all go i used to have double the amount of stuff i have now or even more on my bazzar.
manic [1554958]

I don't hoard anything here.

But in real life I'm banned from B&Q's because of my klepomanic behaviour. They've nicknamed me 'Squirrel Nutkins' because of the way I hide bolts in my cheeks...



APOLLO [862724]

I used to know a gay klepto alcoholic. He was such a funny guy and a lot of fun although he had a bad habit of out witting homophobes and getting punched. He was always a required guest on any guest list for a party. But as he always said - always search me before I leave. True to word his pockets would be full of stuff he had pinched, every time.
APOLLO [862724]

I really admire your Spartan equipment list and I would really like to follow your example. But alas my equipment has all sorts of paraphernalia mingled through it even though for my standards I have ruthlessly cut back. Just the usual, spare temps and cans, candies and meds, crime enhancers and all the other bells and whistles. Might have a go at thinning it down a bit further.
Naako [482424]

I don't even know how but I have $2bil worth of items in my inventory :o. It just all adds up over time.

I had to dump over 10k bottles of beer and 4K jackets a while back because I had to many items.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I was hoping for a use for the memory locket...

With all these new items introduced seemingly for new mission stuff you'd hope they incorporate the stuff, like firewalk viruses as well, generated from the old mission system to be rid of it...

Firewalk viruses...
Memory lockets...
Oriental logs/translations...
C4...
Photographs...
Bolt cutters...
Fine chisel...
Raw ivory...
Ivory walking cane too if you count that...

All things the old mission system created

Maybe it hopefully uses all that stuff xP
Sissco [1604553]

You lot have more stuff than I have. I don't hoard stuff like you lot do! Why do people collect cigars though? Actually, you lot have just given me an idea! I'd just need to think it out properly first!!!
KickRocks [1030718]

I have gotten into a habit of once every week or two to go through my inventory and anything I want to hold onto to use later on or think may be worthwhile to sell later on, I put in my display and everything else goes in the bazaar. Between auto theft and theft crimes, you end up accumulating way too much junk in your inventory.