Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Announcement

Started by Adrenalinas [1974447] on in Bugs & Issues.

27 replies · 240 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Adrenalinas [1974447]

Our Faction Announcement information was changed for faction description (and announcement information is now gone) . Information on Faction Announcement was very important for us (it contains information about persons $ in faction). Please fix this bug.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I can ask a developer to take a look at it, but when I checked I could not find anything wrong. I can't imagine a scenario that allows this to happen and I'm unable to replicate it. I guess we need to add some more protection in somehow.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

This happened to me multiple times. What happens is, if it helps, you update the faction announcement and the description get's put in the announcements place.

The description remains the same, and the announcement get's erased and the description get's copied over into the announcements.

My faction has lost a lot of information thru this. It seems every time the announcement page gets large in my faction, this happens. So I keep it barebones nowadays.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

I've checked this report. I noticed that faction announcement and description are the same in the DB. I don't know how it happened. I tried to edit description and announcement on my faction and everythink went well. So please try to update faction description and announcement.
Marc [24377]

I don't think it's possible to retrieve the old information, unless it's backed up, but I guess this will be difficult to retrieve.

Kopites, it's happened quite a few times. Is there any way to increase the reliability in saving the announcement/description as it doesn't seem to be an issue caused by the user.

Can you retrieve the old announcement?

Adrenalinas, you can use the link Rekker pasted above to view the donations to faction, should give you a rough idea of what is going on. Try to use the faction forums as suggested for things like this in the future.
Adrenalinas [1974447]

yes i know. but some players keep them money for long time, and it is mixed up. +we give rewards for chains so it is a problem for us :/
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

this bug has been fixed and will be pushed to the production server tomorrow. We don't have ability to retrieve previous announcements.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

When did it happen? Perhaps it was before pushing to production server? This bug was because of being 2 editors on the page at the same time and our editor library selected active editor incorrectly. So I remove previous editor before adding new editor.
How are you repeating this bug now?