Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

#GunControlNow

Started by 1869298 [1869298] on in Graveyard.

144 replies · 629 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 145 / 145 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Forged_Lotus [1264802]

I am a gun owning military girl from the Midwest (where it's not uncommon for most households to contain several guns for hunting). I believe in gun education to prevent the accidental shootings which happen more than you know. Many statistics of "gun related incidents" include accidents, like someone shooting themselves in the foot with a loaded weapon they just grabbed off the shelf wrong. By no means do I support the free rule of guns, I do support background checks. Problem is, just because something is illegal doesn't mean it will prevent criminals from getting them, it only prevents the law abiding citizens from attaining them.
Gun control, by allowing permits to carry, has prevented many mass shootings by a carry holder with experience has removed the threat of a shooter, although these are not spread around by the media. I personally feel safer with the people around me being training with their weapons to prevent those who mean me harm.
My opinion on how to fix this issue: get rid of the discrimination and hate. The shooting in Orlando was done because of an individual's hatred of the LGBT community (and argued to be more). Others have been caused because of religious discrimination. I have a gun in my home, that does not make me a murderer. Having the burning hate against someone enough to kill them makes someone dangerous... and they don't need a gun to follow through with that. Take a look overseas, so many of the attacks have been carried out with bombs, knives, chemical weapons, and guns. Hell, look at the hatred in the United States... bombs, knives, chemicals, brute force, guns... the lists go on.

Elevate the problems that make the person dangerous. The gun is not the problem.
Hades [1728299]

Well said. A gun is only a tool. Its the person behind the trigger that is to blame. If the evil bastard couldn't get his hands on a gun he would just use a knife or some shit instead. It was this mans hatred that caused the deaths of these people and nothing else.
1869298 [1869298]

If he used a knife then 50 people wouldnt die, if you gave a kid a gun they could kill so many people in a matter of minutes whereas a knife you can defend yourself, its common sense. A gun is made to kill people and it can kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. Defending the use of guns makes you as bad as the shooter.

Dont ever compare a gun and a knife.
Hades [1728299]

I'm as bad as an Islamic terrorist that slayed 50 people for saying it was the evil in the man that caused these peoples deaths and not the gun? Cop the f**k on plz and stop trying to insult me with stupid shit like that. If the dude was running around with a samurai sword he could kill countless of people. Even at that. I just used a knife as an example. Would a home made bomb make you change your mind? People can make bombs out of your own household shit you buy in the supermarket so stop trying to make it as if the gun hated gay people. It was that scumbag murderer not the gun.

Edited. I will defend the use of guns for sure. Its a pity some of the others there never had a gun and blew the sick f**kers head off before he got a chance to pull the trigger. There are too many guns floating around the US to just introduce laws now. Criminals will still just get a gun of the streets and the laws will only make it harder for genuine people that want to buy them that have no intentions of committing mass murder but just want one to protect themselves from the evil f**kers that do.
Forged_Lotus [1264802]

A gun is a tool, just like a knife. That's the point. It is the individual who wields the tool that makes it dangerous. Be angry at those who commit mass murderers. Am I a bad person for being a permit to carry holder? For being a trained member of the US military? According to your logic I am as bad of a person as the man who just killed 50 people. Our guns keep you safe when they are in the right hands. If you want, I can pull up many, many historical points where the government has taken guns from the citizens and how well it worked out for them. Or would you rather I point these out to you:

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/

I lived through a school shooting in 2003, we lost 2 lives that day. We only lost two because a former soldier stood up and took action.
I have had a loaded gun pointed at me, and you know what prevented me from being shot? Someone else with a gun made that man stand down. He didn't have to shoot, but he was prepared to. It never would have worked if he didn't have a gun in his hand.
I stopped a man from beating the crap out of me and raping me in 2013, because I had a gun. I sustained only minor injuries instead of having nightmares for the rest of my life.

I dare you to tell me that guns are the problem. Guns are what have saved my life.



1869298 [1869298]

Are you for real? How brainwashed can someone get? How can you use rape as an excuse to make out as if guns are so holy, listen to me lady, people are dying everyday in your country because of how easy it is to acquire guns, what are you doing to stop any of that? Absolutely nothing yet you're defensive when it comes to keeping guns yourself and say stupid things like a gun saved your life. I live in the UK and i have not even seen a gun in my life here, i prefer to keep it that way. Imagine having to send your kids to school and always having a fear of another school shooting, living in fear all the damn time. The country is a mess. How many people going to die because of your stupid laws?
Thief [206758]

why dont you worry about your own country and stay out of ours. you hate our gun laws so much dont come here... Trust me we dont want you here anyways!!! How braindwashed are you to think this was caused by a gun and not these idiots ideological hate for gays... you seriously think just because he used a gun its the guns fault... do you have any idea how easy it is to buy illegal weapons in this country??? the fact is that guns are here already and you cant take away all the registered ones because you cannot take away all the illegal ones so now we just have to deal with it. could there be an assault weapons ban sure maybe. but you zauzam need to stfu about an entire country and topic you dont understand.

And Forged_Lotus you just need to ignore zauzam he is an idiot.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

Zauzam you should realize it is possible to create greater weapons of destruction using none weapons to create them.

Maybe we should ban pretty much everything from the free market and replace it with requisition forms that require authorization from a higher authority.



Forged_Lotus [1264802]

You are one of the most ignorant people I have run across on this site. How am I brainwashed? Please, enlighten me. I gave you examples of why I want guns based on my personal experience, but you claim that it's a joke. People are dying everyday in every country, including the UK. I have a feeling that you have no formal education in international or domestic politics, warfare, domestic or global violence. I also know that since you just said you have never seen a gun there in your life that you have a very, VERY, one-sided view. Lets review my credentials:
-College degree in political science and international relation, focused in global security. The gun debate was thrown out the window a long time ago by most in my field because we know they will always exist. It's not the fact that we have guns in this country, it's the fact that discrimination is higher at this time due to the LGBT civil rights movements and the war in the Middle East. Thank Isis for most of the Mass Casualty Events around the world right now.
-What do I do to stop people from dying? I enlisted in the US military - the largest and highest trained military in the world. I also carry a gun in my civilian life so that if I see someone as closed minded as yourself wielding a weapon instead of words (because that's how these attacks happen) and I can defend myself and others. What are you doing other than being a whiny child? You obviously only know what you see on the news, because if you knew more you would have a more well-rounded argument.
I will never say guns are holy, but I feel better having mine. I have come to this conclusion because having it has solved more problems for me than it's created. Oh, and I don't live in fear. Your statement "The country is a mess" shows me that you have a negative opinion of the United States, which I assume is because of a lack of education. You are the type of person who only reads the headlines from one news agency. I believe that you are the one who is brainwashed.
I would love for you to grow a pair and get your rear in gear and go to Syria and face the civil conflicts going on there. Don't bring a gun, that's your decision. But if you want to act like you are better than I am, actually do something to end the violence rather than picking a fight here. I am done with this thread because you are not worth my time. You are close-minded and unable to think for yourself. I, unlike you, actually act to make my world a better place.
Guns will always exist - make them illegal and only the criminals will have them. There will be no good people with them to defend fools like you. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.
_T_ [1009930]

Ban guns and some nut job will end up barricade the door and light the whole building on fire. Call , me crazy but I'd rather be shot then burned or have a limb blown off and spend my last moments in agonizing pain.
Beertogo [602901]

Oh, and one other note on guns, America was born because of them. We wouldn't have our freedoms without them. There is a reason we have the second amendment...and I ain't gonna give mine up.
Remilia [1284087]

What facts have I not used? Zauzam hasn't put forward a single suggestion but as soon as he does I'd be more than happy to absolutely destroy them using facts. Until then, "Gun control for gun control's sake" doesn't do anything.
Thief [206758]

So i decided to look up what percent of guns used in crimes are illegal and legal... now before i say any numbers its been pretty impossible for me to find an exact figure on the subject because it seems like the research has just not been done however it is pretty clear that atleast 90% of gun crimes committed in the US are done so with illegal firearms... now lets think about this for a second you want to confiscate all guns yet you only know about law abiding citizens guns so at the very most you are only stopping 10% of gun crime in the US... not going to link any stories because it should be pretty easy for you to search "percent of gun crimes committed with illegal firearms"

but the numbers are defiantly worth looking at... taking guns away from people who legally purchase them wont do a damn thing. alot of the people who have researched it say that 97% of gun crimes are committed with illegally obtained guns....

so all you gun grabbers find a new solution because just taking the guns you know about clearly will not work
1869298 [1869298]

I have more chance of winning the lottery then talking some sense to americans about their guns. That's how brainwashed most of you are. Dont talk about my intelligence when you support such bullshit laws that kill people everyday. And dont compare the UK to the US we are a million times safer here then your country. Its a shame innocent people have to die everyday because of selfish people like you and your love for guns.
1869298 [1869298]

Hahahah. Dont make me bring up that quote from the last thread something about "Gods Law" because thats the best fact you can come up with which is out of order and all these shootings happening every other day is more then enough to tell you theres something wrong.
1869298 [1869298]

This is mindblowing. We see so many innocent people dying because of your laws and these can be prevented easily and your reply is, this isnt your country? Mate, i dont give a rats ass what country it is im not no nationalist like you people, we are all human and if some stupid law is putting innocent people in danger i will speak about it just as i hope people we do the same if i was in same situation. All your replies are extremely ignorant.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I am still waiting on your answer on the free market becoming none dependent on the current system of coinage (and other things financial) and being replaced with requisition forms.
KarmaCop [365532]

Why aren`t this murderer`s emotional, societal and personal views (as well as their origins) being scrutinized as a motive for his actions? Has political correctness not only gagged everyone in social/mainstream media....but dumbed everyone else down, to the point dissolving people`s critical thinking skills?

[image: i65.tinypic.com]